Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recovery... It's waiting for you x

Smile Recovery... It's waiting for you x

Hey All,

It's been a looooooong time since I visited this site so thought I'd check in to let you know my journey and to give you some hope that you will recover, no matter how deep down the rabbit hole you are.

I had my first and only panic attack in April 2013 (2 years ago), I ended up in A&E terrified each breathe was my last. Of course it was just panic, the next day I woke up with 24/7 anxiety. You name the symptom, I had it. I could only sleep for 20 minutes a night, horrible intrusive thoughts, vomiting, 2 stone weight loss, I couldn't speak, I couldn't function... I was a mess and thought I had lost my former self forever. I was wrong.

After a few false starts on various medications, I finally landed on a combination that worked for me. I stayed on this combo until March 2014 and have been medication free since (12 months!) and fully recovered from my meltdown.

I'm back to my normal self and living a completely normal life - no fear of anxiety, no residual symptoms, just normal and happy. Sure, there will be times in my life where things get a little stressful and I'll feel a little anxious - but that's completely and utterly normal. Every human feels it from time to time - it's just a feeling afterall! JUST A FEELING! Strip the feeling of it's power and it will soon dissolve. What you're going through isn't pleasant but it's also not harmful either. You have an opportunity to rebuild your character and come out the other side smiling and stronger than before - trust me! Looking back I'm glad I went through what I did, I'm a different person now, a better one.

Just thought I'd post a hopeful message for you all - no matter what stage you're at, no matter what symptoms you have, you can and will recover.

Much love,
    A x

Re: Recovery... It's waiting for you x

Great to read your post and to know that you are doing so well now.

fantastic news and well done i am really happy for you

Amyvic. re recovery waiting.
    A real pleasure to read your story. Today ( and past few) am really low. and You can
    identify with that obviously. So the pills WILL work !!!!! thants for writing hopey.

Well done.so glad things are working out well for you.keep it up

Really happy for you! Totally wish I would recover fully too....can I ask how you got to the stage you're at now? Was there some kind of therapy medication in which you felt really worked and got you to where you are now? Snaily

I know this is an old post, but thank you! It really helps me to see a positive outcome as my story seems much like yours.

Great read, mate! Thanks for sharing your story with us!
    Happy for you!

Brilliant read

Amazing, this is really inspiring. I also had a series of panic attacks which also turned in to 24 7 anxiety, I had a fear my heart was going to fail or I had cancers etc, I felt sick, I couldn’t eat, I was having intrusive thoughts, my mind was focussing in negative thoughts and that festered away becoming a horrible tormenting cycle. I’m now taking medication to help my pain and it can also ease anxiety, I feel like I’m growing in confidence and healing! I’m reacting better to the bodily pain/twinges that brought on my panic/anxiety and getting back to my normal self!

Thank you for sharing your success and good luck to you in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information