Page 60 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

infact self help because self help has been more uselful in the past.

Ahhha ok Phil - so what would self-help tell you about the situation now with your irons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Ahhha ok Phil - so what would self-help tell you about the situation now with your irons ?
    Doing compulsions 90% of the time helps.

Last few weeks doing the compulsions has meant doing more and more and I now own 5 irons so I don’t know

The compulsions did work. They don’t now

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I now own 5 irons
    We need an iron... willing to take one off your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Serious question Phil.... You really have no intention, are unwilling or unable to really do something to help yourself? This forum is just a blog for your thoughts isn't it?
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well, maybe reduce the percentage Phil. Maybe 70 %. Also, there must be more that you know from reading self-help.....anything else ?

Well, maybe reduce the percentage Phil. Maybe 70 %. Also, there must be more that you know from reading self-help.....anything else ?
    I don’t know I feel stuck.

Do you think I have false memory ocd I read this is common and perhaps this is where my head is making up possible situations?

I don't know about the 'false memory ocd' as I'm certainly no great knowledge on OCD.

How about looking on the head OCD page, there are peer support groups that you can find....

https://www.ocdaction.org.uk/i-need-information-support

It says you can also call them, or email them for advice. What do you think?

I don't know about the 'false memory ocd' as I'm certainly no great knowledge on OCD.

How about looking on the head OCD page, there are peer support groups that you can find....

https://www.ocdaction.org.uk/i-need-information-support

It says you can also call them, or email them for advice. What do you think?
    Ok I can take a look

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

So basically at the moment I have felt very anxious but I accept I can’t keep ordering iron boards and irons. So I am selling some but going to continue to use the FIRST iron and iron board like I have been using all week.

I have been unable to accept the new iron board is clean so I may buy another iron board eventually but I may have to keep using the old one knowing I will have thoughts my clothes are dirty.

Like I say compulsions usually work. In this occasion the complulsions have not helped

Last few weeks doing the compulsions has meant doing more and more and I now own 5 irons so I don’t know

The compulsions did work. They don’t now
    But is that important? Compulsions only make it all worse, regardless of any temporary relief they provide.

I suspect they stop working when overall levels of anxiety advance past a certain point. Bringing that down might mean they start to work again but they are still part of the problem.

---------- Post added at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I thought so, he is sticking to what you were referred to him for and not getting involved in anything new. A jobsworth.

Does he need your GP to refer you again for the OCD side...just so it's dots his i's and crosses his t's?
    I was probably a bit unfair on your psychiatrist when I said this. His attitude does feel about right for the type of doctor who just addresses what is in a referral but he did offer you this:

Yep I mean the type of therapy he discussed was a psychologist to teach relaxation and said YouTube was better. I just don’t think they want to offer Cbt sadly.
    As I explained on the other thread, NICE GAD guidelines give the medical professional a choice between CBT or Applied Relaxation (not considering meds) at Level 3 in the system NHS England use. Therefore we could argue this is what your psychiatrist has advised is best for you but it feels like you aren't exploring this because you favour CBT.

it feels like you aren't exploring this because you favour CBT.

....yep....

and that link I posted for you, I don't think you read it Phil. I don't think you DID look into the peer groups, the online support and advice, the email advice, the telephone advice. Its all there on that site. I don't think you even looked.

Prove us wrong, Phil? Have a read of the thread . There are options there. Posting on here constantly isn't helping you and it's certainly not "self help" because you have your own agenda.

Page 60 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread Information