Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: My Story - My Ven Journey

Re: My Story - My Ven Journey

Hi,
    I am on day 10 of venlafaxine 150MG and feeling very anxious. Yesterday I had to take a Xanax to calm down. I am hoping that this feeling will pass in a few weeks. I don't want to go any higher than I have to. Still dealing with acid reflux with the meds. It comes and goes, so I'll try to still it out. I am feeling flat and tired. Not as much energy as I had one I first started the 112.5.

I hope this passes. I'm also dealing with pink eye, so this has been quite a rough week.

What is pink eye ? Take care. Linda. Xx

Hi i will be starting next week after my reduced week on setraline bit nervy now reading reviews and stories on here. Venlafaxine next week i mean.

Wow time has passed and I'm back here again. I settled on 150mg of ven but after quite a while I started having a lot of arm tension and bad headaches, i put these down to the ven and dropped the dose back down to 112mg. I had no problems at all. After a few months of this I was still having problems so decided to drop down to 75mg as I knew I needed to be on that dose if I were to swap to something else. I suffered dizzy spells and brain zaps for a week but they were quite manageable. I wasnt waking up with a stiff neck and headache every day. I did all this without speaking to my doctor. Then low and behold 6 weeks later I get a flu bug, and within a week of that I'm back in anxiety hell. My family convinced me to go back up to 112mg till I can get into the doctors in january. I wasnt sure about this but did it and today is day 12 on the increased dose and it's not fun at all. To top it off I now have another bug, with a cough, blocked nose, sinus pain, and nausea. Although I dont know what are side effects, what's just me and what is the bug. Anxiety is high right now. I slept for 4 hours this afternoon and I've woken to it raging. I just feel too run down to deal with it which gives me even more anxiety. I've only taken 2 diazepam so far on this increase so I'm going to take one now and hope I can manage to get through Christmas eve ok. Merry christmas all. X

Sounds like the same mistake that I made some months ago. I would never change dose without seeing my doc first, it was a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem21 View Post
    To top it off I now have another bug, with a cough, blocked nose, sinus pain, and nausea. Although I dont know what are side effects, what's just me and what is the bug. Anxiety is high right now.
    An immune system in overdrive can trigger or worsen anxiety and depression. In several respects, anxiety and depression are the symptoms of an immune system disorder. Patients taking immune system boosting meds such as interferon to treat viral diseases and cancers are now often also prescribed a SSRI because of this. Immune system proteins may also reduce the effectiveness of antidepressants.

Learnt that the hard way Macca, day 14 on increased dose back up to 112 and still not in a good place. Last couple of days have been really bad. We went out for christmas lunch yesterday and managed my food ok, we got home and opened presents then my parents left at tea time. Sat with my partner and the kids and watched tv last night but made myself do it as I really just wanted to go to bed to get away from it all. Slept till 11am today, felt quite out of it and really couldn't explain to my partner what was wrong when he asked. Had a bit of a melt down and a cry and wound up taking a diazepam at lunch time although dont think it did too much. Been getting quite a bit of chest pain this time round which isn't an anxiety symptom I usually get so that's freaking me out. We've just got back from taking the dog out which was such an effort. Got the family all coming back tonight for games and pizza so I hope I manage ok. Till tomorrow my fellow ven comrades.

Do you suffer from HA anxiety ?. I have found Ven has worked quite well for this along with general anxiety. Im on top gp dose of 225mg slow release and its really helping but might ask if i can drop a dose as my sleep is terrible at the moment. Keep pushing on things will settle.

Yeah a little bit Maca but I usually do it for a few days then I can manage to talk myself out of it. I never tell anyone though just worry it in my head.

Today is day 18 on the increase to 112mg and still struggling. It's been a bad few days, had a bit of a meltdown and a cry yesterday. Got no motivation whatsoever and everything is an effort. I dont know what to do with myself so I tend to just sit and think rather than actually do anything. Back at work tomorrow which I think is a good thing as I will have to get up and go out early. I think the excess anxiety from the increase is settling but it does ramp up late afternoon and i also feel quite queasy then too. Also feel very flat and tired. I'm going to make a doctors appointment tomorrow. My son has a kids driving lesson this afternoon and then the family are coming for dinner so here's hoping for a better day today.

Alot of what you say rings true in my head. I often get HA which stays in my head the goes after a few days then onto the next health worry. Ven has helped alot with this but just sitting feeling unmotivated is horrible. Without my p/t work I feel I would be much worse.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information