Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ibs and mucus

Ibs and mucus

I've had ibs for almost 30 years and mucus is quite normal for me. I've been highly anxious for almost 2 years now surrounding my bowels and have a tendency to over react to bodily functions.

The colour of the mucus sends my anxiety spiralling. Sometimes its clear, yellow, brown or an orangey brown that can look a little red at first glance, but when I smear it on the tp it looks more clear/yellow. I haven't experienced any blood on wiping or blood in my stools.

Anyone else have various colours of mucus with ibs?

Re: Ibs and mucus

yep all the time.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    yep all the time.
    Have you had the orangey/brown colour that can look a little reddish at first?

Rainbow - I'll try and put this delicately and be as lacking in TMI as I can The colour of the mucus depends on the colours of the stool. You know how that poo colour varies, depending on what you've eaten, how active your IBS is....so on and so forth, well that mucus forms around the stool and picks up the same colours from it. There....think that covered it. (literally)

Ive had this today rainbow ive messaged you x

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Rainbow - I'll try and put this delicately and be as lacking in TMI as I can The colour of the mucus depends on the colours of the stool. You know how that poo colour varies, depending on what you've eaten, how active your IBS is....so on and so forth, well that mucus forms around the stool and picks up the same colours from it. There....think that covered it. (literally)
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

It all makes sense but my anxious mind takes over and tells me the colour i'm seeing must be blood even though I haven't seen a definite bright red colour! Tired of all this anxiety now, i'm menopausal and the anxiety has been horrific over the last few years.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    Ive had this today rainbow ive messaged you x
    Just messaged you x

Tired of all this anxiety now, i'm menopausal and the anxiety has been horrific over the last few years.

Snap !

....but....you've gotta try and work on finding logical reasons yourself, you have to try for your own sanity. I'm not saying I'm 100% great at doing it myself, and I SO know the anxiety that hormonal changes bring at this stage in life.

im menopausal too and i know its making my anxiety worse x

I have mucus with IBS! Not sure if this is normal but I try not to worry.... as I'm usually overreacting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Snap !

....but....you've gotta try and work on finding logical reasons yourself, you have to try for your own sanity. I'm not saying I'm 100% great at doing it myself, and I SO know the anxiety that hormonal changes bring at this stage in life.
    [/COLOR]
    I know that I have to handle my anxiety better, I do worry about my sanity at times. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I'm 51 and haven't had a period in 2 years. When I mentioned it to my gp his reply was "its natural, nothing to worry about" he obviously didn't want to discuss it with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information