Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Email Notifications

Re: Email Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Alex said the emails are not held on the server only a log of them being sent.

He thinks it could be to do with how you get/read your emails. How do you read them? Outlook? Online somewhere?

Can you try forwarding me one again. Not sure why it was blank last time but you should be able to open the email and just send it to me. I think you have my email address.
    Hi Nic I don't think trying another email would help, The email notifications are sent out by NMP right? If it helps I use another forum powered by VBulletin Not sure of the version number but soon get that, and have had no problems with email notifications. Yes I do have the email address but forwarding it doesn't show the email I received I will see if I can find another way to get it to you. but it will only be the same as Copy&Paste and will still show the blank bit(s) Yes I am using webmail provided by my ISP Can you relay this back to Alex please. TIA ATB

But surely you can reply to emails so that is similar to forwarding it on to someone so not sure why it came as blank or why it can't be done.

Still not happening to me and no-one else has reported it so far so it is a very unique problem.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

But surely you can reply to emails so that is similar to forwarding it on to someone so not sure why it came as blank or why it can't be done.

Still not happening to me and no-one else has reported it so far so it is a very unique problem.
    I can have a ago and it will show the same problem (what ever that problem is?) I will call my ISP about some of the email notifications showing blank spaces in between the 2 rows of *******

******* I take it the notifications are sent out by NMP if they are where are they sent from? ATB

They are sent from the Linux server that hosts NMP.

I wish you could read the emails another way to check - for e.g. I can read mine online at BT, on my laptop using Outlook or on my smartphone.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I wish you could read the emails another way to check - for e.g. I can read mine online at BT, on my laptop using Outlook or on my smartphone.
    Thx can some one who hosts that server take a look at the one's I have posted about here something is obviously wrong (intermittent) I could use my phone but it's tedious for me if you follow!!? ATB

The emails aren't stored on the server as I said before.

The emails aren't stored on the server as I said before.
    I get that, but when some one replies to a thread any subcribers to that thread will be notified by a email notification instant/daily/weekly where are these sent from, and could the intermittent problem come from there? ATB

Well so far it only happens to you and no-one else so that is why Alex thought it may be your email client doing something with the email when it gets it - maybe.

Well so far it only happens to you and no-one else so that is why Alex thought it may be your email client doing something with the email when it gets it - maybe.
    Hmm I guess it's possible Nic, is a email client a programme that's you install on your pc for eg: Thunderbird Email? If that's the case then I don't think my ISP's webmail is a client as I didn't download anything. They have been having long problems of all sorts from logging in to the split panes (page designes) not in synch with each other. I will contact them on this matter, could you ask Alex the possible causes with my email provider service that may be causing the mystery missing texts please. TIA ATB

I don't think Alex will know the causes to be honest.

I use Microsoft Outlook on my laptop but can login to BT email and read them there or on my smartphone as I downloaded Outlook App to that as well.

Maybe you could set up Outlook if you have MS Office?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information