Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing phone SIM card help.

Re: Changing phone SIM card help.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I thought Moby was a singer, Terry!
    Yeah, not bad for a whale too. Unpopular with some sea captains though

Bit of a Dick then?

I remember that my Dad bought me an AA carphone in the 80s when I'd just had my son and was travelling down the A3 to see him. He wanted me to be able to call for help if I broke down in the car as my son had serious medical issues. This contraption was enormous with a huge aerial but it worked and was a very reassuring thing to have.It certainly beat walking to the nearest emergency phone on a busy road.

Ahh..the Good Old Days! My daughter lives in fear of running out of her monthly data allowance whereas all I have to worry about is making sure my phone battery is charged sufficiently! The joys of Wrinklyhood!

A massive one

Was that the type of phone that was attached to a big battery pack and could be carried around (if you had a briefcase for it ) and maybe had a cord so it resembled a home phone? They were called transportable mobiles...which seems a bit sarcastic given the size of them!

I had to reprogramme a cloned one of these once. The key presses were so loud it was disturbing the call centre in the big open plan office. Couldn't get it to work in the end and had to send it to the repair centre for something more comprehensive with a kit.

It was huge! Mobiles were much smaller things then, the Ericsson had been out for a couple of years the Motorola flips were getting smaller and Gee race was more about size by then, and everyone in the tech team stared at it when they saw me bring it in...followed by a big laugh

That's the one, Terry. Great big battery pack with a cord! They could well make a comeback once Smartphones have been exposed as addictive brainwashers!

They were really expensive!

They were good in some ways though and they actually had a stronger ability to receive signals than the mobiles of the same era which was one reason why they were available as they were used by people who travelled to more remote regions.

If you got mugged for one of those you could either cosh the robber senseless or at least if he got it he had no chance of outrunning the police carrying the thing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information