Thread: 2 questions in 1 thread (IBS & stomach bug)

2 questions in 1 thread (IBS & stomach bug)

Yes, I'm posting in this setion again, which is just as frustrating for me as it is for the people who have to read this stuff. Anyway, I'm worried about two things:

1. After reading another member's post about IBS I am worried in case I have it. My appetite has been up and down and a lot of the time I have no appetite whatsoever, my stomach gets bloated a lot at night and I feel sick quite often. If it is IBS do I need to do anything about it? Is it serious? Also, I'm emetophobic so if IBS can actually make you be sick then that terrifies me. I don't even care if I have IBS really - I just can't let it make me physically be sick because that's unbearable.

2. I've been feeling ill for a while now, but this morning I woke up with a really sore throat. It hurts on both sides when I swallow. I have a slight temperature and still no appetite (although I have eaten something). My dad phoned a couple of days ago and told me about my sister who had exactly those symptoms. It turned out to be a stomach bug and she was sick all night. She is fine now but because of my sore throat etc, I am now worried in case I have the same thing as her. I don't want to be sick!!!!

There. That's my rant over.

Re: 2 questions in 1 thread (IBS & stomach bug)

i had a sore throat and temperature about 4 weeks ago it turned out to be a cold i wsasnt sick try not to worry to much as worrying can make it much worse hope you feel better soon

amandax

Thanks Amanda. I'm still scared though. I have 2 hour English class and I don't want to be sick when I'm there. Do you think it'll be okay? Don't want to miss another lesson!

hiya ireni, it does sound like you have a bit of a virus/bug. youl be ok, just drink plenty and try and get some sleep and rest! and as for the ibs, have you been given anythink for it, by the doctor? i have slight ibs, and i was given colofac tablets, and they ease the pain and bloating! orginally they thought my ibs was bad, bt it turned out that i have cyst on my left ovary, the symptoms are so simlar! which was making it seem as if i had bad ibs! so it worth going to the doctor, to check it all out. hope you feel better soon! x

Hello
    My doc has just told me I have IBS? when do you get bloated, is it after eating? I have been getting very bloated after eating and also been constipated (usually very regular). Also have the feeling something stuck under my rib and indigestion. Get yourself to the docs. Mine has given me some tablets to help get things moving. Also found peppermint tea(is awful tho!) and activia yoghurts really help the bloating x

Thread Information