Thread: going. to gp to discuss results, worried

going. to gp to discuss results, worried

Had fasting blood tests last week and then had letter asking to come in to discuss. I Completely panicked and called surgery, receptionist said its the cholesterol. I have so many health worries at the minute (hot flushes, metallic taste in mouth) I am convinient ed there is something else and that's why they written to me. I am off meds at the minute, but my family think I should go back on.

Re: going. to gp to discuss results, worried

I understand that receiving a letter asking to come in to discuss your test results can be stressful, especially when you have multiple health worries at the moment. However, it's important to remember that high cholesterol is a very common condition, and it can often be managed effectively through lifestyle changes and/or medication.

While it's possible that there could be something else going on, it's also important not to jump to conclusions or assume the worst. The best thing to do is to go to the appointment and discuss your concerns with your doctor. They will be able to provide you with more information about your test results and any recommended treatments.

Regarding going back on medication, that is ultimately a decision that should be made in consultation with your doctor. They will be able to advise you on the best course of action based on your individual health needs and medical history.

In the meantime, try to stay calm and focus on taking care of yourself. Eating a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, and managing stress can all help to improve cholesterol levels and overall health.

Thread Information