Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: here goes again

Re: here goes again

Thx
    X

I agree Paul, all you can do is give it a go, my Sister in law came through depression without medication so it can be done but as you say there is always Escitalopram and it's def worked for me after other ssri's, Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine and Trazodone not helping me (:

I also think time is a great healer but remember we are always here for you too, I know this site really helped me through my darkest hours just having you guys around on here, the only people who truly understand. xx

Thank you Karen for your feedback. I find your post quite insperational. I can really identify with your journey with meds as i too have had 2 ssri's - cital then -
    sertraline. Mirtazapine was great for first night then made me manic and angry. As you know i stuck venlafaxine for 10 months "trying" to make it work. I think we see others getting better on it and try to believe surley i must? however i think we also need to listen to our selves sometimes when our soul is crying and saying this is not how or what i want to feel!. recently gave clomipramine a whirl but nope! so here i am on homepathic stuff and not there yet. I kinda want to ive escital a go due to the fact i remeber being able to laugh in the evenings and read on citalopram - maybe if i had gone slower and stuck lnger it would have leveled Also remeber a couple of times when on cital i actually felt chilled in the momement. Also in hinsight my gp raced me to max dose in a few weeks. My shrink is very open to me leading the pac of escital if i take it. anyhoo 2000 mile dound trip drive to France in 4 wks so possibly yoo late to start the escit now and just give the Aurum Sulph a bit longer.

thanks again Paul

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

sorry about spelling being terrible, just im in work and my boss does not like me discussing my depression so i blutrted down

I wouldn't even notice spelling mistakes any how, lol!

I'll tell you how I got on Escitalopram Paul, I took it in 2-5mg quarters and built up when I felt totally ready to add a bit extra and that really helped me. It probs took longer to work doing it like that but I was saved form a lot of side effects or they were much milder to cope with than just taking the plunge and going on 10mg's of the stuff.

Hugs Karen x

Saw shrink today as i was fed up just going lower and lower. wasnt sure what to do -couldnt baer the thought of goin on holiday in 27 days and feeling like this or probably worse as the way im heading. So tonight start escitalopram 2.5 mg( half of my 5mg cipralex - goint to get pill cutter, or crush as you did Karen.) Kinda feeling that im beyond repair and no meds will touch this. however goto to try something as this i just no way to "live". Also she wants me off work for a few weeks and to stop beating myself up as i have managed a year back at work with no sick, even tho its been climbing mt Everest a lot of the time. Just want to be part of the human race and enjoy my beautiful family. Its just horrible being like this e.g. taught my middle son to ride a bike last night and this dark passenger just sucks the life out of it for me. So staring tonight i'll be on conventional and homeopathic meds. Say a wee prayer to your higher power for me.

Take care,

Paul

Paul the best of luck. Just take it nice and slowly and you will know when you are ready to go up another dose, really have my fingers crossed for you this one will help you xxx It certainly has me x

keep crossin' em fingers, cus i had a much better day today, i honestly felt as if it was working about an hr after taking it last night. Even took my two elsdest boys to see man of steel tonight and had a few times where i got teary, but in a good way like a release and felt strong. god please may this continue.

Good luck Paul hope this is the one.

Paul hey! This is sounding very promising, I felt improvement form the start too then used to have yoyo days but I think the fact you got to the cinema is a really good sign that this meds could well be the one to get you better. If you do go down a little after a few days it is quite normal and you will find you go up again (hopefully)..it's a bit like a little roller coaster the first few weeks but not a totally horrendous one fingers crossed...hope you enjoyed your movie xxx

Hi All,

Well Karen's experience seems to be on the money for me at mo. first 3 days were going good on 2.5 mg(well the smaller half of my 5mg cipralex). past 3 days have been going down, yesterday was a toil. Took one of the bigger 5mg half last night( probably nearer 3mg). Torn between just getting on with the 5mg tab and making a bit of progress before my 1000 mile drive to france in 3 weeks or have another couple og day on the larger (3mg ish) halves.
    decisions, decisions

take care folks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information