Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: migraine - really scared right now

migraine - really scared right now

Hello. Im at work and i have a very bad migraine and i feel a bit sick. Im freaking out could this be a brain tumour or aneuyrism? Im so scared and my head is pounding. Anyone had this?

Please Reply
    Love Louise xx xx xx xx xx

Re: migraine - really scared right now

I've had migraines for years and they do make you sick to the stomach and they are painful. You don't have a brain tumor.

Hi. Thanks for the reply, it made me feel better. I took tablets which got rid of the migraine but i still have a headache is this normal after a migraine? Could this really be anxiety? Does anyone else wake up with sinus type headaches? Im just feeling so depressed at the mo.

Please Reply

Hi Louise,

Just wanted to say that headaches can absolutely be a sign of anxiety and nothing more serious at all to worry about.

My sister had an absolutely awful migraine in the summer, she was in tears with it, she slept it off and said that she had a lesser headache for hours after. She was much better within 24 hours or so x

are you dehydrated at all? i have sinus headaches and they are brought on by changes in the weather or if i catch a cold. i think that a lot of people forget to take fluids properly when the weather becomes cold because you dont feel so thirsty and the drinks that you are more likely to drink are hot like tea or coffee which wont properly hydrate you. if you dont do it already try to add a couple of glasses of water a day to your routine. just down each in one of you cant be bother nursing a glass of something that you dont want to consume. it is a simple thing to do and something the body needs but that many people neglect. headaches can very often be a symptom of not consuming enough fluid and i personally check all these boxes if i have any worrying illness and make sure that i am at least keeping my body as tip top as manageable should i need to go see a doctor i can instantly eliminate a few obvious causes. do you eat properly? sleep regular hours? i dont! ..and that is my downfall and puts me back in the firing line for another throat constricting heart attacking panic attack!

if you are having headaches above your brow and around your eyes you may want to clear your sinuses by breathing in some vicks or something, if you have any green mucus then it is likely that you have a sinus infection which will need antibiotic treatment from a doctor. hope you get better soon.

Thanks so much for your replies. Today i still have a sort of sinus type headache so im panicking again, no one has this many headaches unless its a brain tumour? Or could it be sinus cancer? I feel a burning sort of sensation in my head anyone have that? Would it be ok to take ibuprofen again?

Please Reply

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Hey well the headache has now turned into a migraine again. Im so scared right now. This has to be a brain tumour or sinus cancer? I feel sick again to. Anyone got any reassurance? Can anxiety cause this?

Please Reply

have you tried clearing your sinuses? you say its a sinus headache so it probably is just your sinuses that are blocked. there is no need to suspect anything else. a sinus headache if you are badly blocked or if your sinuses are infected can be pretty much on level with a migraine in pain discomfort terms. is there a position in which you put your head that eases your headache at all?

I need to try clearing my sinuses any tips on how to do this? I have now taken some tablets and hopefully they help a bit with the pain. If i tillt my head a bit it eases the headache a bit. Are u sure a migraine two days in a row isnt a brain tumour? Im so anxious and stressed about this .

Please Reply

tilting your head and getting a little relief sounds like sinuses!

i get little sinus headaches now and then if i have a cold or something but ive had them bad during this period once when i had a sinus infection.

i cleared my sinuses by filling a sink or a bowl with very hot-not boiling water, put some vicks vapour rub or tigerbalm in the water, put a towel over my head and the sink ans breathe it all in for 10 minutes ro as long as i can tolerate it for.

you can do it just with steam but i havnt tried it though i have noticed a hot shower will ease a sinus headache through its steam.

give it a try-if you can sort it a little, get a little positive response then at least you will know the reason for your headaches no?

Hi again. I woke up with a bad headache again so i tried the hot water with vicks idea and my sinuses do feel slightly clearer but i still have the headache so i have had to take tablets again. For about the last week i have been taking 2 ibuprofen every two hours. Is that really bad for you? This has to be a brain tumour doesnt it? Or could it be sinus cancer? Im so scared right now.

Please Reply
    Love Louise

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Any idea whats going on? Does it sound like a brain tumour or sinus cancer? Im really freaking out.

Please Reply

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information