Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Government has admitted to releasing the death list of claimants.

Re: The Government has admitted to releasing the death list of claimants.

“the work-related activity group is composed entirely of people who are expected to recover from their illnesses and be well enough to return to work within a year. In that group, there should be no deaths at all – barring accidents. Why have nearly 10,000 people lost their lives after being assigned there?”

According to the FOIR the figure was 7,200, not 10,000. Where have the extra 2,800 come from?

From how many? Without understanding the number of claimants it is impossible to understand what % these people make up.

So, no one could die in that category from any illness? What about murders? Only accidents are allowed. Besides, it appears unknown how many accidents have taken place too so this number could easily be far less. Regardless of the number that is left, in order to determine a causal relationship it needs to be proven that the benefits situation has led to their deaths. People added to this group in error that should have been left alone should not be considered part of a causal relationship either if they would have died anyway regardless of what list they were on. The ONLY proof of wrongdoing has to come from those who have died as a result of the pressure put on them whether financial, mental or both.

“the total number of deaths involving claimants of Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance and Severe Disablement Allowance – between the start of December 2011 and the end of February 2014 is 81,140, including 50,580 (ESA claimants) and 30,560 (IB/SDA claimants). All figures are rounded up to the nearest 10.”

From how many? Millions or a hundred thousand? Without understanding the number of claimants it is impossible to understand what % these people make up.

How does this number compare to the number of deaths over the last 20+ years based on their % of population? If you don’t actually know the expected mortality rates of this group, you have no clue as to what this means.

The author then asks “But are these deaths being hastened artificially by the DWP’s treatment of them?”

Based on what?

To suggest more are dieing due to DWP treatment is pure speculation. No evidence is supplied to suggest they are.

“The new numbers suggest the average number of deaths per day between January 2011 and February 2014 was around 79.5 – 556 per week.”

“This represents an increase to an average of 99 deaths per day or 692 per week, between the start of December 2011 and the end of February 2014 –“

So, according to the author the figure has risen to both 79 & 99 deaths per day and 556 & 692 deaths per week. Which is it?

79 is based on 1st Jan 2011-28th Feb 2014 (1,154 days). I can’t get 99 deaths per day between 1st Nov 2011-28th Feb 2014, 1st Nov 2011-31st Jan 2014, 1st Dec 2014-28th Feb 2014 or 1st Dec 2011-31st Jan 2014. Those are all higher (108, 111, 112, 116)

“Information for ESA claimants shows:
    - 7,540 deaths while claims were being assessed, bringing the known total to 9,740.
    - 7,200 deaths in the work-related activity group, bringing the known total to 8,500.
    - 32,530 deaths in the support group, bringing the known total to 39,630.”

Where do these figures come from?

All of this suggests a load of “spin” on a set of high level statistics. There has been no attempt to make a comparison to previous data or to factor in growing population number, increases in unemployment (where applicable), changes in demographics, etc. To use a Mean average, which the author can’t even get right anyway, is flawed as there has been no factoring in of seasonal information. Basically, the author put in a FOIR asking for largely meaningless data and the author should have considered how to make a proper comparison to determine if any of this data even means anything at all.

Taken from The Guardian article posted above:

“Tom Pollard, policy and campaigns manager at mental health charity Mind, said it was hard to comment on the statistics as they only revealed the number of people who have died while on ESA, not the circumstances or details of the deaths.”

So, MIND agree the data is meaningless.

“Nearly 90 people a month are dying after being declared fit for work, according to new data”

90 is accurate based on 1st Dec 2011-28th Feb 2014 (792 days) using the 2.380 that died as declared “fit for work”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy_Dave View Post
    WOW! You are blaming me for crimes against children? You need help, and soon.
    Read this Mr Trotsky you might learn something http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/download...e_in_rotherham

I blame people of the same mindset as you, exactly like you've displayed in this thread. You banded the racist card around so easily. People were scared to report incidents of rape & child abuse through fear of getting labeled a racist. It's a toxic environment created by the far left, hear something they don't like -scream racist to shut down a conversation - conversation over. I fear that the word racist will become meaningless as some use it so freely and that would be a crying shame for genuine victims of racism.

Like Me

The use of "Nazi" is also silly considering what they did and what we are talking about here. There is no comparison and I think people who use that term to describe people, rather than a sensible one, should spend some time reading their history. They may have more respect for people so as to stop using it.

The thing that makes me laugh is that Labour were lining their pockets just as bad when they were in. That's "New Labour", with people like "Tricky Tony" and "Bumbling Brown" and "The Wrong Milliband".

---------- Post added at 08:11 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blue moon View Post
    Like Me
    Something that no one should have to experience, for any reason, whether in the street or on the internet in forums.

Why don't you just stop arguing about politics, unless you're a damn billionaire a policy maker, you're both in the same sinking boat and both getting shafted anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by blue moon View Post
    Like Me
    Totally unacceptable Blue Moon, don't stand for it. I know I don't know the circumstances and it's easy for me to say don't stand for it

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWalking View Post
    Why don't you just stop arguing about politics, unless you're a damn billionaire a policy maker, you're both in the same sinking boat and both getting shafted anyway...
    True, we're all meaningless plebs to the lot of them no matter what they try and tell us and try and brainwash us into believing

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWalking View Post
    It's a privilege we enjoy.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 09-09-15 at 10:44.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    “the work-related activity group is composed entirely of people who are expected to recover from their illnesses and be well enough to return to work within a year. In that group, there should be no deaths at all – barring accidents. Why have nearly 10,000 people lost their lives after being assigned there?”

According to the FOIR the figure was 7,200, not 10,000. Where have the extra 2,800 come from?

From how many? Without understanding the number of claimants it is impossible to understand what % these people make up.

So, no one could die in that category from any illness? What about murders? Only accidents are allowed. Besides, it appears unknown how many accidents have taken place too so this number could easily be far less. Regardless of the number that is left, in order to determine a causal relationship it needs to be proven that the benefits situation has led to their deaths. People added to this group in error that should have been left alone should not be considered part of a causal relationship either if they would have died anyway regardless of what list they were on. The ONLY proof of wrongdoing has to come from those who have died as a result of the pressure put on them whether financial, mental or both.

“the total number of deaths involving claimants of Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance and Severe Disablement Allowance – between the start of December 2011 and the end of February 2014 is 81,140, including 50,580 (ESA claimants) and 30,560 (IB/SDA claimants). All figures are rounded up to the nearest 10.”

From how many? Millions or a hundred thousand? Without understanding the number of claimants it is impossible to understand what % these people make up.

How does this number compare to the number of deaths over the last 20+ years based on their % of population? If you don’t actually know the expected mortality rates of this group, you have no clue as to what this means.

The author then asks “But are these deaths being hastened artificially by the DWP’s treatment of them?”

Based on what?

To suggest more are dieing due to DWP treatment is pure speculation. No evidence is supplied to suggest they are.

“The new numbers suggest the average number of deaths per day between January 2011 and February 2014 was around 79.5 – 556 per week.”

“This represents an increase to an average of 99 deaths per day or 692 per week, between the start of December 2011 and the end of February 2014 –“

So, according to the author the figure has risen to both 79 & 99 deaths per day and 556 & 692 deaths per week. Which is it?

79 is based on 1st Jan 2011-28th Feb 2014 (1,154 days). I can’t get 99 deaths per day between 1st Nov 2011-28th Feb 2014, 1st Nov 2011-31st Jan 2014, 1st Dec 2014-28th Feb 2014 or 1st Dec 2011-31st Jan 2014. Those are all higher (108, 111, 112, 116)

“Information for ESA claimants shows:
    - 7,540 deaths while claims were being assessed, bringing the known total to 9,740.
    - 7,200 deaths in the work-related activity group, bringing the known total to 8,500.
    - 32,530 deaths in the support group, bringing the known total to 39,630.”

Where do these figures come from?

All of this suggests a load of “spin” on a set of high level statistics. There has been no attempt to make a comparison to previous data or to factor in growing population number, increases in unemployment (where applicable), changes in demographics, etc. To use a Mean average, which the author can’t even get right anyway, is flawed as there has been no factoring in of seasonal information. Basically, the author put in a FOIR asking for largely meaningless data and the author should have considered how to make a proper comparison to determine if any of this data even means anything at all.

Taken from The Guardian article posted above:

“Tom Pollard, policy and campaigns manager at mental health charity Mind, said it was hard to comment on the statistics as they only revealed the number of people who have died while on ESA, not the circumstances or details of the deaths.”

So, MIND agree the data is meaningless.

“Nearly 90 people a month are dying after being declared fit for work, according to new data”

90 is accurate based on 1st Dec 2011-28th Feb 2014 (792 days) using the 2.380 that died as declared “fit for work”.

Iain Duncan Smith states that "work will make you well" which is very close to the famous wording "Arbeit Macht Frei" ("Work will set you free") at the former Dachau concentration camp! He also doesn't believe in disabilities and because of his policies there has been thousands of deaths, the same as the Nazi's when they willingly killed the disabled and forced the others to die in work camps. You need to decide what side you're on - you are either on the oppressors or decide to fight for the vulnerable - I know what side I'm on.... ONE DEATH, IS ONE DEATH TOO MANY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy_Dave View Post
    Iain Duncan Smith states that "work will make you well" which is very close to the famous wording "Arbeit Macht Frei" ("Work will set you free") at the former Dachau concentration camp! He also doesn't believe in disabilities and because of his policies there has been thousands of deaths, the same as the Nazi's when they willingly killed the disabled and forced the others to die in work camps. You need to decide what side you're on - you are either on the oppressors or decide to fight for the vulnerable - I know what side I'm on.... ONE DEATH, IS ONE DEATH TOO MANY!
    I never ever thought I would see such a quote which is inaccurate on a NMP thread. Arbeit Macht Frei was above every concentration camp and to compare what the Nazis did and what Iain Duncan Smith said is totally ubelievable and furthermore shouldn't even be discussed on here unless you want to heighten people's anxiety even further.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I never ever thought I would see such a quote which is inaccurate on a NMP thread. Arbeit Macht Frei was above every concentration camp and to compare what the Nazis did and what Iain Duncan Smith said is totally ubelievable and furthermore shouldn't even be discussed on here unless you want to heighten people's anxiety even further.

You must be another who has decided to wear blinkers, just like the Germans did who lived near the concentration camps. Hear no evil (ears covered) see no evil (eyes covered) and speak no evil (mouth covered). Death is death no matter what way you want to dress it up - and to ignore it is a crime and is aiding the perpetrators. Why do you think the United Nations are over here investigating crimes against the disabled? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10478536.html Make no mistake, there is systematic killings going on by this government and they couldn't care less, and the only people who can change this is us or just lie down and wait for ourselves to be the next victim, because you will be called, it's just a matter of time because the Tories want nobody claiming any benefit at all.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information