Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are Tricyclics bad?

Re: Are Tricyclics bad?

So some doctors aren't up to doing their job properly..we get it BR, we can see how angry you are about your past experience, but why make Liam feel bad about that? It's hardly his fault is it. All he did was answer Pierre's origional question, giving his honest professional opinion as a neuro-scientist. But he reckoned without certain members getting all puffed up didn't he.

Leave the man alone for goodness sake, he was only trying to help The OP, and instead he finds he is having to constantly defend himself. I dont mean to interrupt the Terry show, but you guys peeing up a few trees to mark your territory isnt pleasant to watch. Far better to perhaps accept that the man just might know what he's talking about. If you don't agree with him thats fine, but no need to bash him because of a few bad doctors is there?

Last edited by Catherine S; 15-06-17 at 12:08.

Catherine S. Try to desist from barging into thread's solely to cause animosity. Just saying.......

Nah BR, barging in has already been covered by others. I'm just trying to get Liam out from under the scrum.

Last edited by Catherine S; 15-06-17 at 13:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine S View Post
    Nah BR, barging in has already been covered by others. I'm just trying to get Liam out from under the scrum.

If Liam is who he says he is, he won't need your help.

Ahahahahaha....priceless. He is exactly who he says he is BR, so time to get over it

Angry Re: Are Tricyclics bad?

How about "BACK TO TOPIC"?

Yes I agree absolutely Duckbruck...however, I think alot of the topic was discussed on the first few pages of the thread, so I hope you found the information given helped you. Not sure if anything more will be discussed as Pierre seems to have disappeared. Can't really blame him.

Last edited by Catherine S; 15-06-17 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckbruck View Post
    How about "BACK TO TOPIC"?
    Agreed. Pierre said:

Quote Originally Posted by PierreC View Post
    Why do Tricyclics have such a bad reputation?
    TCA's as a group can't be solely judged on the toxicity issue when there are drugs in other more mainstream classes that also have toxicity issues above certain TCA's.

So, ignorance can be factor there because it's important to look at the finer details. The NHS have guidance on what TCA's should be treated more cautiously and above what dosages or age groups.

If we generalise we might as say all SSRI/SNRI's have a bad reputation for withdrawal when we need to consider the outliers, Ven & Paroxetine.

And what about efficiency? Some work better than others and obviously that influences whether they the risk outweighs the benefits or whether the added risk adds on top of the lack of benefit.

The NHS are happy to prescribe them. Doctors aren't stupid, they will look at whether patients are at risk of suicide. And these meds aren't prescribed until others have been tried first which shows they have a greater understanding of the patient in front of them.

And really, if you are going to harm yourself, you can easily obtain enough paracetamol.

If we asked "are Benzo's bad?" we would be discussing the pros & the cons to have a balanced debate. I'm sure Googling "are TCA's bad?" would bring all manner of scaremongering sites on the net.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 16-06-17 at 15:13. Reason: Error

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Doctors are stupid, they will look at whether patients are at risk of suicide.
    Freudian Slip reveals what you really think of our resident Dr Liam

NEXT!

Never Surrender, Comrade

I'm typing on my phone so mistakes do happen.

No, I don't think Liam is stupid. That's just more pathetic game playing.

I believe Liam will have a bit more maturity. It was obvious what I was saying from rest of the sentence.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information