Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life on-going daily up and downs

Lump on wirst/pain

So, a few months ago I noticed this like lump on my left arm. It's more visible the more I bend my hand backwards. It's squishy when I press down on it but it isn't movable? Like I wouldn't call it hard but I'm never sure what to worry about and what not to. I kinda went through phases of forgetting about it and seeing it again and worrying. Like I can't remeneber it's size the first time I saw it. Like I can always see it but it's more clear when I bend my wrist certain ways.

In the last week or so, I've been getting along this arm. Around that area. So, of course my mind is starting to worry a bit around it.

So, of course my mind is going into over-drive around it.

Re: Lump on wirst/pain

Could you post a picture of it? It may help people in telling you what it might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kay1218 View Post
    Could you post a picture of it? It may help people in telling you what it might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply, I'm unable to upload any photo's! Sorry

This sounds like a ganglion cyst. They are very common. They fill with fluid and can get quite large, but they will usually rupture on there own and the cycle continues. I had one before and when they get large, they can put pressure on nerves and cause some pain. I got rid of mine but I’m not going to say how, bc it wasn’t a safe way to do it. But they are totally benign and very very common.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousJamie View Post
    This sounds like a ganglion cyst. They are very common. They fill with fluid and can get quite large, but they will usually rupture on there own and the cycle continues. I had one before and when they get large, they can put pressure on nerves and cause some pain. I got rid of mine but I’m not going to say how, bc it wasn’t a safe way to do it. But they are totally benign and very very common.
    Thank you so much for this. Reading this had put my mind to easy a bit! Like when I woke up this morning of course I look at it right away and poking at it! It looks bigger and feels different but it's always hard to know with my mind what's true and what's not! Like of course my mind went to all the sinster choices and something awful. Since the panic is moving up my arm worrying about it spreading.

Thank you once again for this
    Last edited by SarahNah; 08-07-18 at 09:12.

Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Yeah sounds like a ganglion cyst I have one on my wrist and I got it syringed it’s super gross it’s like a jelly substance that comes out!! But it just ended up coming back again so I haven’t bothered getting it syringed because it’s not causing me pain. I only syringed it initially because it was causing a bit of pain.

Struggling after a good period

Hi all! So I've been okay for a good while now. Today was the first day in a while that thing have gotten to me. As the last few nights I've gotten strange feelings before falling asleep. My heart beat seems to be off, going fast to slow. I also get these dizzy moments or I get this strange like I'm not sure how to describe it. Like a fuzzy feel in my chest, my breathing also feels strange and short but that might be panic?

I had some heart Bloods done awhile ago, chest xray, the doctor listen to my heart lots of times and said all is fine. As well as my blood pressue. I haven't turned to Google as we all knows what that will say. Like I'm 22, in good enough health so I'm trying to keep that in mind!

Sorry for posting, I just don't want to go crying to any family or friends right now! I just want to be calm and stuff.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and if not I hope you have a better tommrrow x

Re: Struggling after a good period

If you're having good days, that's great news and it means what you're doing is working.

This means that accepting the symptoms is the way to go. Recovery is never linear. It's always up and down. You can use this flare-up (albeit difficult) as a chance to cement your new mindset in allowing it all to be there and getting on with life.

It's very normal, what you're describing.

Re: Struggling after a good period

I feel for you, i really do. I go through it everyday, i rarely have a "good" period mate.. I rarely talk to anyone because half the time im made to feel crazy! Vent here because we understand and you will always find support.. I have tried to accept death.as part of it all.. It does make ya feel better a little because your kinda saying "bring it on" but i suppose death is what we all actually fear and thats the root of it. Death smiles at all of us, all we can do is smile right back.. Ive heard that somewhere chin up kidda and soldier on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information