Thread: My shopping just disappeared from the screen

My shopping just disappeared from the screen

If you are like me and try to be well organised at Christmas then you might have done an online shop with one of the major supermarkets. Please be aware that there is a cut off point where if you try to amend your order it is immediately cancelled. With Sainsburys it is 9pm. It is not clear only if you read the small print. This happened to me last night. I amended but then my shopping just disappeared off the screen. I tried very hard to stay calm but a major panic attack was brewing. I spoke to some very nice people in County Down Northern Ireland. They told me there was nothing they could do. It had gone, tough try again after Christmas. I persisted. I eventually spoke to a suervisor Gareth who liased with my local store. At first it was a definte 'no' they could not re deliver I had cancelled there was nothing they could do. Gareth said that he would try again for me. I could quickly see the situation getting out of hand. He has evetually re arranged delivery for tomorrow for me. I am greatly relieved but I had to persist/insist without losing it that they could/would help me. I had a really bad night so this morning with blood tests and hospital to face all teary. I am better now. My shopping will come. Maybe my Prince from Co Down will come too.

Re: My shopping just disappeared from the screen

Hi,
    I had this very same problem last year but wasnt lucky enough to have mine re booked...obviously Gareth wasnt working there at the time!
    Glad you have it all sorted now and enjoy a good christmas and happy new year.
    Carol x

Thankyou Carol it was a horrible feeling knowing that I had done this and there was nothing I could do to bring it back. I was very persistent though and the bad weather has actually worked in my favour as they have lots of re-deliveries to do unable to do because of the snow! I'm not sure what the moral of this story is as I was hoping that because of Christmas/we are good customers etc they would show some compassion eventually they did. It was horrible how one night of poor sleep and worrying caused me to feel quite ill this morning. I shall be composing an email to Sainsburys in the New Year proposing that they have some sort of five minute warning not just pulling the plug and saying that it is all in the small print! It helps that I work in retailing so I know how to talk to people without getting too emotional and telling them to try again. Thanks to them I didn't hit a brick wall! Still waiting to see if Gareth shows up though.

Wow that's really nice of him to do that for you. Their rules are stupid like that though. They forgot to deliver a load of our shopping earlier this year, about 20 tins of basics tomatoes, and my housemate had to go through all kinds of trouble to get it sorted out. If we were going to lie about shopping not being delivered, we would have said the wine didn't show up, not the cheap tinned food.

Today I saw a friend who lives near Basingstoke, he told me his aunt's Tesco delivery has been cancelled and they're refusing to do any deliveries round there till after Christmas, so they've got no Christmas food :(

Thread Information