Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleep!!!

I know this sounds sad but I've started having a hot chocolate done with all milk - also my hynotherapist did me a tape, I turn it off before she does the wake me up thing - it has been incredible, been going to bed at about 23:00 and sleeping right through to 06:30 my main problem at the moment is not at night it's in the day I'm finding it really hard to catch my breath - but Im sure it's something that will pass.

Get yourself down the gym if you cant go alone, get a friend to go with you

Shell

hi nic
    try swimming in the evenings,that should help, the gyms alot more money
    swimming is a lot better exersice,good for the heart and lungs,better for back problems,can be very relaxing .
    bish

Hi Bish

I swim about 3 times a week anyway so it is not tiring me out enough obviously but thanks for the advice.

Nicola

you must be superwoman nic,or very fit,swimming once a week does me in and then i sleep well.
    bish

I used to use home grown sage(but that's only cause I'm a baby hippy!) baths just before bed. I also used to take sage tea (again home grown but obviously that's optional!)

Warm milk contains *stretches brain* well it releases sleep endusing agents, so that would be worth a try.

After years of sleep dep, I guess I suggest taking time to get ready for sleep, making it a ritual can often help. Keep your bed an area only for sleep and nothing else, and allow at least half an hour to wind down with a book or music.

Best of luck.. I know it's a b*tch! OH! and try ear plugs and eye masks, a lot of sleep problems are caused by light disturbances.

Roxy x

Just to let you know that I NEVER sleep well on Sunday nights (cos of work the next day) so last night I took 2 x "Valerian Sleep Well" tablets. They are from Lloyds Pharamacy (UK only I expect) - their own brand.

I played a relaxation tape and I had a lovely night's sleep and some lovely dreams.

Nicola

You can also buy milk that is milked from cows at night (poor sleep deprived cows?)and contains high levels of melatonin, it is meant to help you sleep better. You can buy it at any supermarket.

I have heard about Melatonin, never heard about the milk though. I love milk so this would suit me to the ground - I will look at the milk next time I am there - does it say anything on it?

Nicola

Here's what I found out from http://www.redkitefarms.com/Slumber-Bedtime-Milk/ - it's apparently available at Waitrose

Many people who have problems getting to sleep take a milky drink before they go to bed because it has long been regarded as an aid to nodding off.
    Organic Slumber Bedtime Milk may give you even more of a helping hand… how?
    The Theory…
    During the night, all mammals (including humans) produce a substance called melatonin which helps them to fall asleep by regulating their body clock. In cows, this melatonin is transferred into the milk. Slumber Bedtime Milk is unique in the UK because it contains higher levels of melatonin than regular milk. These levels are completely natural and are achieved by only using milk produced by cows during the night. So, by drinking Slumber Bedtime Milk, your own levels of melatonin are boosted, which may help you to drift off to sleep more easily.

Sleepy when you need to be…
    Slumber Bedtime Milk's natural ingredients complement the pattern of your body clock so, if you drink it at bedtime, it won't make you feel sluggish when you wake the next morning because your own melatonin levels will be low anyway. Similarly, if you drink it during the daytime, you won't automatically fall asleep - you won't even feel drowsy!

Any way you like it…
    Slumber Bedtime Milk is just as nutritious as ordinary milk and can be enjoyed hot, cold, on its own or flavoured. Why not try using it to make hot chocolate or drink it ice cold straight from the fridge?

Natural and healthy…
    As a completely natural and organic drink, Slumber Bedtime Milk is perfect for the health conscious. Produced at Red Kite Farms in Oxfordshire, nothing is added to the milk or taken out, and the only processing is pasteurisation.

Hi Twister

Many thanks for finding that for me. I do not have a waitrose near me but I shall check out Asda and Tesco to see if they sell it.

Will let you know how it goes

Nicola

Nicola

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information