Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Extremely sensitive startle response

I dont feel self aware

I can't even explain it....I feel sort of detatched from myself...like when my husband kisses me or someone looks at me, it feels almost new or strange. It makes me slightly uneasy. I have had this for a few days. Everything feels euphoric and bizzare...from the things I hear to the things I say. Like something I would usually be offended by I don't even care about cause I dont take it personally cause it almost feels like I am the spectator not the victim of the insult. This has only been going on a few days and I don't know what it is....but it is freaking me out. I did just move to another state and 2 days ago my mother in law collapsed in our Kitchen from a cerebral hemorrhage ...I don't know if this contributes.

Does anyone ever feel this just....lack of self awareness?

Various Worries, Are these normal

I was sitting with my legs crossed...talking to someone and then my leg spontaneously jerked forward (like when a doctor hits your knee with a reflex hammer). I know this is myoclonus, the question is, does anyone else ever get this? This was not a twitch. My whole extremity moved. I worry cause I was awake when this happened. Does anyone else get this when awake ( and not on meds)

Re: Was talking to someone and then my leg suddenly jerked forward?

Sarah, can I ask, or rather perhaps you should ask yourself... Does it really matter if your leg jerked by itself? Did it interfere with your life in any way?

One way to beat HA is to learn that we don't need to explain every little thing nor ask if anyone has it happen to them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Sarah, can I ask, or rather perhaps you should ask yourself... Does it really matter if your leg jerked by itself? Did it interfere with your life in any way?

One way to beat HA is to learn that we don't need to explain every little thing nor ask if anyone has it happen to them.

Very good advice for any HA suffer

Very solid advice indeed! This is something my therapist and I have talked a lot about - basically, acceptance. Radical acceptance, even. Not everything needs an answer, and not everything even *has* an answer.

The last time I went to a neurologist, he noted that the next time it happens, to contact him cause myoclonic jerks in any way outside of falling asleep are almost always a sign of MS, brain tumor, or CJD.

Sure, follow doctors orders, but you've been asking this exact question for years. I'm guessing you haven't had just one doctor visit about this to date (unless this really only happened one other time?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnadine View Post
    The last time I went to a neurologist, he noted that the next time it happens, to contact him cause myoclonic jerks in any way outside of falling asleep are almost always a sign of MS, brain tumor, or CJD.
    Can I have their number then because my case of MS/Tumour/CJD must be very advanced by now..... I've had them on and off for 40 years.

Your neurologist is an ass. They're common with fatigue/stress.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Can I have their number then because my case of MS/Tumour/CJD must be very advanced by now..... I've had them on and off for 40 years.

Your neurologist is an ass. They're common with fatigue/stress.

You've had the jerks? Like.... Not twitches but like someone hit you with a reflex hammer and a body part jumps??

Quote Originally Posted by Meriland30 View Post
    You've had the jerks? Like.... Not twitches but like someone hit you with a reflex hammer and a body part jumps??
    Yes. When I was tired I used to kick people on the way to work on the train all the time. It's especially common when you're cross legged as you're pinching nerves. It's also greatly exacerbated by increased adrenaline levels.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information