Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Therapy not working

Re: Therapy not working

Update

I’m considering making my 7th session my last due to the cost of it. So far it’s only helped a tiny bit over all not much has changed for me it may be I can try another theripst at a later date but may have one session more maybe two max.

I seem to just deal with it myself or messages boards for me not enough has changed I have spent £240 pounds on it so far which is a lot when I am on a small part time wage. Perhaps the nhs can offer something but they seem to have forgot about me usually I get a yearly check up.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Update

I’m considering making my 7th session my last due to the cost of it.
    Less costly than replacing household items.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Seven sessions isn't enough to give up on - I was barely getting going - but appreciate the private cost is significant. Have you tried self-referring via IAPT (if you're in England)?

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    Seven sessions isn't enough to give up on - I was barely getting going - but appreciate the private cost is significant. Have you tried self-referring via IAPT (if you're in England)?
    No I’ve not tried that yet

How many sessions should It take to beat ocd?

There is no answer to that question, Phil. It's as long as it takes which will probably be difficult for you to accept and there are no guarantees. It's a long term challenge to manage OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    No I’ve not tried that yet

How many sessions should It take to beat ocd?
    As Pulisa says, no-one can tell you that - there are so many factors. Be honest with your therapist and get their opinions on these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    There is no answer to that question, Phil. It's as long as it takes which will probably be difficult for you to accept and there are no guarantees. It's a long term challenge to manage OCD.
    I think I will go for my 7th session and leave it at that and have a think I see the doctor so was going to ask for something free on the nhs therapy wise maybe that will help or more propranolol?

It’s £40 a session and with Xmas coming up it’s a lot when I am say what 10% better if that? Some days feels less.

It seems a waste to keep going and the techniques are not working I’m no further on with tackling my ocd yes she has said lots of information but none of it has really worked. She does have a lot of time for me and is trying to help but nope. Perhaps the nhs could offer something maybe weekly based to get a bit more progress on it?

I could keep going but it feels money down a drain when I still relay on message boards and self help?

I think you need to tell your therapist this.

Also, have a look at how you spend your money Phil. Hundreds to replace things that you think are contaminated, holidays every month or so, but £40 of therapy is too expensive? I’m not sure that you’re looking at this the right way.

It’s your decision, but it’s the only thing you’re doing to address your problems. So if it isn’t working as you would like, then tell her. Or find another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What to do when anxiety controls your life?

For the past year or two anxiety has controlled me. I avoided concerts and worry about flying. If something doesn’t feel “right” I won’t do it is this ocd based?

Like for my honeymoon a holiday I want to do in February I worry doing it in the summer would make me go crazy all the travelling. This is the ocd thoughts I get or something awful will happen if I do something on a certain time. Sometimes I scrap ideas as they seem too much.

I feel my anxiety controls every choice I make anybody else had this?

Re: What to do when anxiety controls your life?

Are you doing anything to combat this anxiety? (CBT / counselling / mindfulness / meds)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information