Thread: Is this acid reflux???

Cool Is this acid reflux???

Hi guys well ive been on cit 7 weeks now and starting to get loads better anxiety/panic attack wise Ive posted a thread b4 about retching in the mornings and just wondered if this is actually acid reflux?? I can go to bed calm but when i wake up i feel so nauseas, windy (needing to burp!!) feel like ive got a lump in my throat and this morning had bad stomach pains I actually retch and heave most mornings but sorry for the TMI im not actually sick just flem/spit? I always feel better after ive been retching too?? I can't even stomach a hot drink in the mornings anymore only sips of water, im sat here now with the lump in my throat feeling altho don't feel nauseas anymore, my sister suffers from acid reflux and she says it sounds like what im suffering, have got a docs appointment thurs so will mention it but just wondered what u guys thought?? Thanks xx

Re: Is this acid reflux???

Hi, definitely get checked out at the doctors for your own peace of mind. Most over the counter antacids seem ok with citalopram and I have used several brands myself. Cit does seem to provoke the old acid centre.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi nicola, I have the same thing it's bad it's it, have u still got it or does it go away?

Hope u are feeling better

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Hi guys well ive been on cit 7 weeks now and starting to get loads better anxiety/panic attack wise Ive posted a thread b4 about retching in the mornings and just wondered if this is actually acid reflux?? I can go to bed calm but when i wake up i feel so nauseas, windy (needing to burp!!) feel like ive got a lump in my throat and this morning had bad stomach pains I actually retch and heave most mornings but sorry for the TMI im not actually sick just flem/spit? I always feel better after ive been retching too?? I can't even stomach a hot drink in the mornings anymore only sips of water, im sat here now with the lump in my throat feeling altho don't feel nauseas anymore, my sister suffers from acid reflux and she says it sounds like what im suffering, have got a docs appointment thurs so will mention it but just wondered what u guys thought?? Thanks xx

i have the exact same feelings and then i panic about them and feel awful !!! i think its that too though im seeing my doc next week too so will update you! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Goggy View Post
    Hi nicola, I have the same thing it's bad it's it, have u still got it or does it go away?

Hope u are feeling better
    Hi no i no longer have it thank goodness, think the retching etc was all caused by my anxiety, i do occasionally still retch and feel nauseas in the mornings when my anxiety is bad but touch wood thats not been for a while!! xx

I've been having this problem too. Every morning I just retch for about half an hour. I have to force breakfast down me as Im quite slight and can't afford to miss a meal. (this isn't helped by the fact the cit has made me lose my appetite!) Glad to hear it has passed for you hope it will for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by clc View Post
    I've been having this problem too. Every morning I just retch for about half an hour. I have to force breakfast down me as Im quite slight and can't afford to miss a meal. (this isn't helped by the fact the cit has made me lose my appetite!) Glad to hear it has passed for you hope it will for me!!
    How long you been on cit? X x

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    How long you been on cit? X x

Just into my third week. So it looks like I may have to deal with it for a while yet! I will just have to make sure I have lots for dinner as I seem to be able to eat then.

I lost nearly 2 stone when i started them, the retching gradually got better at around the 8 wk mark but my dose did keep getting increased from 10 to 30mg and last wk i went to 40mg x x

Hi,
    I am on week 8 with 20mg, just went up 10 days ago and developed a very strange stomach pain and burping loads ... also lump in my throat but not lack of appetite ... I went to my GP 2 days ago because I started to get worried with this pain on my stomach, around lower left ribs and going to my back.
    He did some clinical tests and gave me Lanzoprazole to take one hour after the Citalopran, I am on day 2, feel I bit better already. I think I left too long hurting my stomach ... you should go soon in order to prevent getting to strong like mine.
    The doc said the only problem to take Lazoprazole, gavastone and others is any stomach medicine will coat your stomach and reduce the absorption of any medication , so I take my Cit with breakfast and an hour b4 lunch I take the lanzoprasole.
    Hope you get better soon ...
    Pat

Thread Information