Thread: gum pain. scared.

gum pain. scared.

Hi everyone. I'm 19 years old and I'm so scared.
    My gums/hard palate is swollen and painful.
    I was feeling pain here http://prikachi.com/images/725/8486725c.png (i put blue lines where since i don't know if this is gum?) for a while and it was slightly swollen until Monday when it become super swollen and painful (maybe because I was touching it a lot with my tongue and finger?) so I went on Tuesday to a dentist. He said it's inflamed and he doesn't know why and how and put me something. He wanted to see me on Thusday as well. I went yesterday and he put more of this something and wants to see me on Monday again. But the pain now is much worse and it moved to http://prikachi.com/images/728/8486728i.png + infront and behind of my lower teeth. It feels like it swollen but I don't think it is. Also it hurts when I'm eating and it stings when I'm eating some kind of foods. What is happening? Is it something dangerous? I'm raising it with water and salt and it's stinging so bad. The dentist didn't tell me to do this but doing it on my own. Should I stop? Anyone? Can it wait to Monday?
    Also I don't know if it is related but a month ago I was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis and some tube that connects the nose and the ear is blocked. I still have earache, my throat hurts and my nose is stuff. The doc said it was because of this blocked tube but I don't know the medicines didn't help and I don't know what to do anymore...
    I got a head pain sometimes when I swallow or chew?
    Last night I didn't want to fall asleep because I was feeling like I can not breathe(anxiety I think) I was scared that I was going to die because I've read that if you have problem with your gums and if you feel like you can not breathe you need to go to the emergency because something has spreaded to the throat and it's dangerous.......... What should I do?
    Help please?

Re: gum pain. scared.

I think you should go to urgent care and get checked out thoroughly. When you next see the dentist i would ask him to explain what he thinks it is and what the treatment is? Ask him about the salt water also.

I would be anxious about these symptoms too but I think if the dentist thought it was dangerous he would have referred you or something. Still it does sound like you need to see a doctor who can look at all of your symptoms?

"Our greatest success is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall"

Re: gum pain. scared.

Thanks for the reply Cora. I will ask the dentist tomorrow and I guess I have to visit a doctor for the other things. It's just that I have social anxiety and I don't wanna go without my mom and she thinks I'm making up my sympthoms.

Thread Information