Thread: acid reflux help

acid reflux help

im so sorry i keep on harping on about this but i need to know what has happened to those of you who suffer this..my doc has put me on meds for it, and for the first week they seemed to be working, but now the asmatic side of things seems to have gotten worse, and im freaking out badly that its the big C...im so scared...im headed back to docs tom, ive been on them for two weeks..have any of you had to change meds to fix this prob? did you end up getting a camera down throat thing? how long did it take for the meds to heal your throat if that where you had it ( thats where mine is) please, please help any help would be great...im really at my wits end here, cant keep living like this....
    so sorry to bother you all with this again...

Re: acid reflux help

Hi Peach
    I can completely sympathise with you as last year this was my big bug bear. I suffered terribly from reflux, i had the hoa**eness the wheeze the lot. It took a good 4 to 6 weeks to settle down with the meds.
    I also went for endoscopy which despite the amount of pain i was in i only had grade 1 /a oesophagitis with mild gastritis, they didnt even take biopsies. The thing with reflux/heartburn/indigestion, the worse the symptoms are bears no resemblence to the severity of the disease. I am currently going through a bout of dyspepsia at the moment due to what i think is gastritis from a bout of overindulgence so i am back on the meds again for a period. Please try not to worry about this as reflux is def one of the symptoms worsened by anxiety.
    There are loads of fellow sufferers on here who will soon put your mind at ease.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

hi peach,
    i started with acid reflux last year around the same time as i started with panic attacks and health anxiety.
    at the time i didn't assosciate the two. i had a terrible time thinking that the lump in my throat was cancer. then when i got trapped wind bad around my rib cage area i was convinced i had breast cancer. of course as you knbow the more you fret about it the worse it gets.

i am on omeprozole and gaviscon advance and once they kicked in things started to settle down.

i still get days when i suffer with my reflux and of course this sets me off, but i am really trying not to feed my anxiety over this now.

i do hope your meds help you soon so you start to feel better.
    all the best
    pen x

hi,
    thanks to both of you for your reply, you cant beleive how much it has helped me to calm down a bit...i have been told b4 about the symptoms of "throat C' being qiute diff to what acid reflux does..so i just need to remember...
    nell, im so glad you can relate to the wheezing!!!! its the thing that is driving me crazy at the moment...for the last 3 days i have felt like i cant get a full breath in, ive never had asma, but i relate it to that...its just awful, one of my pet hates is breathing trouble..and i wasnt told that this was one of the symptoms...the other symptoms have subsided a bit, so i thought the meds were working till this popped up...im so glad you advised it took you a little longer, not that im happy you went through all this for 6 weeks, not at all...im sorry you suffered that long..but i will stay on these meds for a little while longer and see how things go...my doc said things should start to settle down in a week, but when i sucummed to google, it just said it takes a while to heal..then it said it can and does become "C"..which of course freaked me out..im def staying away from google now....!!!!
    my doc said it doesnt cause cancer...
    what you said pinkpenny i can so relate too!!! last year was the worst year of my life...i wont bore you with the details but this reflux thing started for me when i was healing from a middle ear infection, and other stuff b4 that, lets just say id had a very anxious year!
    its kinda funny that since ive quit smoking ive had constant throat trouble..haha..never happened when i was a smoker...weird eh?

Hi, I am on 2 lansoprazole tabs per day and have had an acid problem for about 2 years ans i am still waiting for an endoscopy. one of the main problems i have is stomach pains from the acid build up every morning when i wake up. its like a numb pain which goes once im up and move around. also i have an extreme tiredness all day and my eyes feel especially tired. i find it hard 2 keep certain foods down and it is a hard condition 2 live with. the tablets did work at 1st but gradually the syptoms have come back. and even though i am very tired i find it difficult 2 relax and slepp at night, and then find it difficult 2 get up in the morning. the medication has effected my bowel movement so i eat well and take 2 doses or fibresure daily which has really helpped. i have had every blood test going but all came back normal. my mind will be at rest when i know 4 sure what is causing this, when i eventually get an endoscopy on the NHS (if they ever will!!). but until then it is making me very worried and pesimistic. does anyone have similar symptoms, such as the morning pains and tiredness?? x

Hi, I have had symptoms for 5 months now, the pill help a bit but not completely, I have sore throat, asthma symptoms, hoarseness, cough, cough up yellow lumpy phlegm (lovely), sore tummy, tired. Tried endoscopy could not get tube down, going for a barium swallow they may do endoscopy under general if needed. I worry its cancer but I have not lost weight etc...so trying not too panic, helps listening to others on hear who still have symptoms with meds too. Hope you feel reassured a bit, good luck with docs xxx

Thread Information