Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Have you thought about the fact that by documenting every niggle and symptom that you're actually keeping your dragon happily fed? You're doing a daily self examination and reporting it Perhaps unplugging and finding real life things to do and distract yourself would be beneficial.

Positive thoughts
    Good point FMP!

I've been posting them so I could have something to check back on and see how things are changing, but maybe it's not such a good idea.

I've not been checking my nodes as much, so that's one positive step. Need to leave them alone completely though!

Going to take a break from forums/health boards too. Doesn't seem to help, and probably makes things worse.

Will post again when I have any actual news.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi TG Excellent news the thing is I have posted this on another thread, but going to say the opposite to you ( it will make sense ok) the less anxious you become the less the symptoms will be Eg: Your general chills are much better/ or even gone so great:shades Again keep thinking logically re headache well you had wine (how many glasses and be honest) then the morning after it has to be the wine problem solved no further mind searching is needed, so move on from that. the smelly phlegm again logically think about it your tonsils are inflamed so it HAS to be that again problem solved follow? And yeah the last paragraph does make sense totally. Tbh you are getting there matey so keep at it and you will beat this ATB
    All makes perfect sense!

"keep thinking logically" yep, that's where the problem lies. I've gone all off on the wrong thought pattern and am thinking worst case scenarios. (Despite a lack of evidence for them).

I think I'm getting there too, but will see what happens (j/k)...

Thanks again for the support BBUK!

Quote Originally Posted by ThroatGoat View Post
    Good point FMP!

I've been posting them so I could have something to check back on and see how things are changing, but maybe it's not such a good idea.

I've not been checking my nodes as much, so that's one positive step. Need to leave them alone completely though!

Going to take a break from forums/health boards too. Doesn't seem to help, and probably makes things worse.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

All makes perfect sense!

"keep thinking logically" yep, that's where the problem lies. I've gone all off on the wrong thought pattern and am thinking worst case scenarios. (Despite a lack of evidence for them).

I think I'm getting there too, but will see what happens (j/k)...

Thanks again for the support BBUK!
    I think you are deffo making some head way to your goal which is great one thing you could do is get white board and pen and mark up you achievments against your bad things and dwell on the good things and when the bad things seem less relevant then cross them off and if you have dr googled in the past then deffo no more of that And you are on your way to success ATB

Good point FMP!

I want to be clear that I'm not saying don't post, but I've just been around here enough to see a self-perpetuating anxiety cycle. I'm truly encouraged that you recognize it. Again, I'm not saying don't post because your replies to others support and encourage and I see them as a way you're self re-assuring yourself concerning some of the worries you've had and that's a good thing. Perhaps participate more in support while you work on yourself. In doing so, you'll support, encourage and help yourself

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I think you are deffo making some head way to your goal which is great one thing you could do is get white board and pen and mark up you achievments against your bad things and dwell on the good things and when the bad things seem less relevant then cross them off and if you have dr googled in the past then deffo no more of that And you are on your way to success ATB
    I think so too! Just need to get over these few remaining symptoms.

I like that idea! Might do that, or grab a notepad and write it all out.

I'm not Dr Googling anymore, doesn't do anything but create anxiety.

It's kind of a dumb thing to do anyway isn't it? I mean if Googling got a diagnosis 100% bang on, then what? You still need to go see real world doctors and get help.

ATB to you too mate! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I want to be clear that I'm not saying don't post, but I've just been around here enough to see a self-perpetuating anxiety cycle. I'm truly encouraged that you recognize it. Again, I'm not saying don't post because your replies to others support and encourage and I see them as a way you're self re-assuring yourself concerning some of the worries you've had and that's a good thing. Perhaps participate more in support while you work on yourself. In doing so, you'll support, encourage and help yourself

Positive thoughts
    Oh I know that! I just realized that I might be exposing myself to things that don't normally worry me. Like the cherry angiomas/peteachia (or whatever they're called) threads. I don't usually even think about them, but now there's a little niggling worry planted in my head, despite the fact I've had them for years.

I'm going to try a week off and see what happens. I'll be back to post some positive updates and to help others out for sure! Just want to see how I get on without the reassurance seeking.

Thanks again FMP! Appreciate the help and support massively.

I know I said I wouldn't post or read forums this week, but...

Groin node is back up again! It hurts too. Probably still not "clinically swollen", but just want to make a note of it.

2 BMs today as well, one normal, one slightly more loose . Probably because I ate quite a bit over the weekend.

Just noting, not googling nothing, and will try to remain offline tomorrow.

You don’t have to remain offline! Post away. I think the point is to try not to google your symptoms too much or to focus on your symptoms.

Read the forum and other threads, perhaps you can help someone else? Or just play the games to help distract your mind. Or maybe read the articles.

HA is a funny old thing. I couldn’t tell you where my lymph nodes are, and I had never heard so much about them until joining this forum! But you possibly couldn’t imagine having my anxieties either. We’re all in this pot together, so while I would never belittle your genuine worries. I also want to tell you to stop fiddling with yourself , and to try and ignore your symptoms for a couple of days - I bet you’ll then start feeling better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    You don’t have to remain offline! Post away. I think the point is to try not to google your symptoms too much or to focus on your symptoms.

Read the forum and other threads, perhaps you can help someone else? Or just play the games to help distract your mind. Or maybe read the articles.

HA is a funny old thing. I couldn’t tell you where my lymph nodes are, and I had never heard so much about them until joining this forum! But you possibly couldn’t imagine having my anxieties either. We’re all in this pot together, so while I would never belittle your genuine worries. I also want to tell you to stop fiddling with yourself , and to try and ignore your symptoms for a couple of days - I bet you’ll then start feeling better.

Thanks for dropping by Scass!

I know lol but sometimes I come to these sites and end up with fresh worries. Like petechia that never bothered me before! They still don't to be honest, just noticing them more now.

I try to help when I can. Just want to try not reading, or answering things for a few days to see how I get on. Will post an update if anything changes and/or if I see any threads pop up I might be able to help with. .

Yeah lymph nodes! I'd love to know how I ended up with a fixation on those bloody things. I think it started with the ones behind my ears. (Big hard fixed ones that haven't killed me for years ). Whenever I feel sick I check them to make sure none of them are getting big. But then I worry about the small ones too. The groin one though is really bugging with my head, but it seems to be reacting to something rather than growing, so it's probably nothing!

I promise I'll have a look at one of your threads and see what you're worrying about sometime soon! (Can't remember if I've replied to any of your posts or not. Oops!)

Anyways, going to try the break and see what happens. I'll report back for sure!

I know lol but sometimes I come to these sites and end up with fresh worries. Like petechia that never bothered me before! They still don't to be honest, just noticing them more now.

I try to help when I can. Just want to try not reading, or answering things for a few days to see how I get on. Will post an update if anything changes and/or if I see any threads pop up I might be able to help with. .

Yeah lymph nodes! I'd love to know how I ended up with a fixation on those bloody things. I think it started with the ones behind my ears. (Big hard fixed ones that haven't killed me for years ). Whenever I feel sick I check them to make sure none of them are getting big. But then I worry about the small ones too. The groin one though is really bugging with my head, but it seems to be reacting to something rather than growing, so it's probably nothing!

I promise I'll have a look at one of your threads and see what you're worrying about sometime soon! (Can't remember if I've replied to any of your posts or not. Oops!)

Anyways, going to try the break and see what happens. I'll report back for sure!
    Come on mate don't start slipping now you have managed to stop (how long for now?) Dr Googling so great on that
    If it's any consolation my BM's will vary depending on what I have ate that day its no big deal as for you nodes stop checking them constantly this is feeding your anxiety it's all about cutting you anxiety away completely or at least to a manageable level ok. I personally would spend some time away off the internet or do like I do, try and help as many on here as you can.
    So make a effort and like Scass says if you find some else to do you anxiety will fade away ATB

We have nodes behind our ears?!! See I know nothing.
    I do understand how you can be triggered by other things. So stay away for a day or so, stop googling. Do something fun and distracting. I spent about 2 weeks playing nothing but plants vs zombies once - can thoroughly recommend its ability to bring you down from the clutches of panic.

Come on mate don't start slipping now you have managed to stop (how long for now?) Dr Googling so great on that
    If it's any consolation my BM's will vary depending on what I have ate that day its no big deal as for you nodes stop checking them constantly this is feeding your anxiety it's all about cutting you anxiety away completely or at least to a manageable level ok. I personally would spend some time away off the internet or do like I do, try and help as many on here as you can.
    So make a effort and like Scass says if you find some else to do you anxiety will fade away ATB
    Haha! I can't remember the last time I google symptoms tbh.

Yeah mine normally do too! It's just because my HA is playing up.

The only reason I touched the node today was because I could feel it without touching it (if you know what I mean?). There was some minor pain down there so I went feeling for it. It hurts to touch and is kinda hot, so it's probably being reactive (guessing).

Will point these nodes out to my doc anyway, since my CBC is fine, the night sweats are only happening on occasion, and my weight also seems to be holding up fine, I very much doubt it's anything serious.

I'll try to help where I can! But want to try the break because I keep finding myself in threads that could be triggering more HA thoughts.

Wish me luck! Chat you soon BBUK.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    We have nodes behind our ears?!! See I know nothing.
    I do understand how you can be triggered by other things. So stay away for a day or so, stop googling. Do something fun and distracting. I spent about 2 weeks playing nothing but plants vs zombies once - can thoroughly recommend its ability to bring you down from the clutches of panic.

Oh yea! Nodes are everywhere. If I were to count them I'd say I can feel about 20 of the damn things. (Even found one on my abs).

I've been good with no googling, but I'll give the game idea a go for sure! I can't remember the last time I actually played something tbh. Must have been a good long while ago. Tower Defense used to be my thing.

Chat soon! Hopefully with more positive updates.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information