Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

I have a chronic pain condition and the pain is far worse when I'm very stressed.

Emotional pain feeds physical pain. You have talked about your unbearable pain which has manifested itself in various parts of your body but nothing has been diagnosed as yet? Despite a whole barrage of tests. The mind-body connection is very powerful. I know you won't believe it but have a read of Dr John Sarno..even if you dismiss him out of hand? It's something to think about in view of your whole range of physical symptoms..

Mental health team are going to call tomorrow to arrange some more counselling.
    I constantly jump from symptom to symptom and realise they must be psychosomatic, but it’s hard to control the panic.
    I have pain in my right side now, but trying not to focus, maybe because I’ve stayed in bed all day today, as I have been feeling so depressed.

I'm sorry, that sounds wretched. There's still time left today, though - why not get up and have a stretch and a cup of tea?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm sorry, that sounds wretched. There's still time left today, though - why not get up and have a stretch and a cup of tea?
    Yes, I have just got up and made a cup of tea x

Great start! ...I shouldn't really be preaching at you, I've got 15 minutes left at work today and I'm in dire need of a nap

Do you feel better if you have some sort of structure/routine to your day? Lying in bed and ruminating does sound wretched and will just add to your low mood.

I hope the mental health team do ring tomorrow. You must chase them up if they don't ring by lunch time? Don't get fobbed off by the "long waiting list, difficult times" spiel

Have burning pain in my right hip and groin, had this at the end of May. Panicking about appendix, but when I spoke to my gp in May she said it sounded like hip problems. The symptoms are the same, I wish I could be rational.
    Spoke to mental health team member, she wasn’t a clinician and said she will try to arrange a proper assessment for me.
    She also said as you get older you get lots of aches and pains.
    Have review with gp next week.
    Every day I have a new symptom and they always feel real..

Try referring to them as sensations and not symptoms? Most of the time they won't be symptomatic of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    Have burning pain in my right hip and groin, had this at the end of May. Panicking about appendix, but when I spoke to my gp in May she said it sounded like hip problems. The symptoms are the same, I wish I could be rational.
    Spoke to mental health team member, she wasn’t a clinician and said she will try to arrange a proper assessment for me.
    She also said as you get older you get lots of aches and pains.
    Have review with gp next week.
    Every day I have a new symptom and they always feel real..
    Your brain is very used to looking for new sensations and fixating on them before the next sensation is registered and panic sets in and you automatically choose a worst case scenario situation..You need something to occupy the long hours you have to negotiate during the day..something to divert you from introspection and body checking. Does anything ever help you on this forum? Or do you just want to document all your aches and pains on here and go to the GP's regularly to get more and more tests until something is found? The problem is that many scans are very sensitive and will throw up benign incidental findings which will scare you all the more.

I hope you do get an assessment soon but there are often really long waiting lists. I think having appropriate help in real life could be really beneficial for you. Community mental health services can offer a range of services which could help you to live a better, less lonely life..and it must be very lonely just living with aches and pains and fear.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Your brain is very used to looking for new sensations and fixating on them before the next sensation is registered and panic sets in and you automatically choose a worst case scenario situation..You need something to occupy the long hours you have to negotiate during the day..something to divert you from introspection and body checking. Does anything ever help you on this forum? Or do you just want to document all your aches and pains on here and go to the GP's regularly to get more and more tests until something is found? The problem is that many scans are very sensitive and will throw up benign incidental findings which will scare you all the more.

I hope you do get an assessment soon but there are often really long waiting lists. I think having appropriate help in real life could be really beneficial for you. Community mental health services can offer a range of services which could help you to live a better, less lonely life..and it must be very lonely just living with aches and pains and fear.
    The replies I get do help, although it must seem as though I just list my numerous symptoms daily.
    I really try to take on board the advice I get.
    I do need to find some activities to do, it’s soul destroying concentrating on health concerns and leads to despair.
    Ive put some more ebay stuff on , this does give me something to do.
    I know I’ve said this before, but I am very lonely and this definitely doesn’t help..

Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread Information