Page 43 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Re: pb's Health anxiety worries thread

Don't you get bored with writing the same thing over and over?

We know you're scared and in pain. Repeating it to yourself constantly will only make it worse, though.

You're receiving medical attention; the team helping you will sort it all out. In the meantime, you need to find a new routine.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Don't you get bored with writing the same thing over and over?

We know you're scared and in pain. Repeating it to yourself constantly will only make it worse, though.

You're receiving medical attention; the team helping you will sort it all out. In the meantime, you need to find a new routine.
    Yes I know, this is no life. I’m sorry that I post so much and repeat myself.
    I might go for another short walk.

Boredom just feeds HA. Your days must seem very long without anything to do other than concentrate on your many perceived illnesses.

So your GP has referred you for more tests...? Does she not understand HA at all? Or is this what you feel most comfortable with? Tests and more tests...? It's a sad way to pass your time.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Boredom just feeds HA. Your days must seem very long without anything to do other than concentrate on your many perceived illnesses.

So your GP has referred you for more tests...? Does she not understand HA at all? Or is this what you feel most comfortable with? Tests and more tests...? It's a sad way to pass your time.
    Pulisa is totally right on this, pb. You need some hobbies. You know that poster I mentioned earlier with 800 reply thread...she's got no hobbies. I've asked her before. Besides working and seeing to the family, posting symptoms on these forums is all she does. You've agreed you don't want to end up like that. At some point we all have to move from the "woe is me" mentality to "I'm going to kick anxiety's ass. I'm not going down."

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Pulisa is totally right on this, pb. You need some hobbies. You know that poster I mentioned earlier with 800 reply thread...she's got no hobbies. I've asked her before. Besides working and seeing to the family, posting symptoms on these forums is all she does. You've agreed you don't want to end up like that. At some point we all have to move from the "woe is me" mentality to "I'm going to kick anxiety's ass. I'm not going down."
    You are so right, I want my life back.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

I know more tests do not help. I definitely didn’t ask for more tests, I think it’s because of my urine infection symptoms.
    I don’t feel comfortable with tests, that add to my anxiety.

So pick something you can start right now. When I went through my horrible bout of anxiety in 2014, I decided to get more into gardening. I had always taken care of the yard, but I didn't really do anything else with it. So I planted some roses and succulents and started from there.

What have you always wanted to try?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    So pick something you can start right now. When I went through my horrible bout of anxiety in 2014, I decided to get more into gardening. I had always taken care of the yard, but I didn't really do anything else with it. So I planted some roses and succulents and started from there.

What have you always wanted to try?
    I use to enjoy cooking, ive got some apples from my sisters garden, I could attempt an apple pie tomorrow, rather then focusing on my many and changing symptoms.

Perfect! And tonight, in preparation, instead of sitting around, watch some cooking videos on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I know more tests do not help. I definitely didn’t ask for more tests, I think it’s because of my urine infection symptoms.
    I don’t feel comfortable with tests, that add to my anxiety.
    I've told my GP that I only want tests based on clinical need. Not for a "just in case" scenario. I'm really glad I've done this. I've turned down quite a few tests over the years and am still breathing! Your GP could be described as "cautiously thorough" which doesn't help you at this stage. Any symptom and you're sent for tests/procedures.

Page 43 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread Information