Thread: Tooth/gum abscess?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tooth/gum abscess?

Ok so I was brushing my teeth today and it was a new toothbrush so all the bristles were quite tough and hard. It scraped against my gum and I felt tender and kinda felt around and it felt bumpy compared to the other side. The middle tooth of the photo that I attached is my problem tooth. It’s not painful,I don’t get toothache from it but I had to get a filling (obviously lol) over a year or 2 ago and had to go back as it never settled right. I’ve had a look and it’s kinda red and seems like there’s a yellow/white bump above it. Is this what an abscess looks like? I moved house last year and am yet to move dentist as mine is half an hour away and this has given me the push to move to the one here and get it checked out. I’m now freaking out I’m gonna need tooth pulled which you can’t see it when I smile so not too bothered but the thought of pain/blood/all the pulling of it is making me feel sick
    I apologise for the photo of my mouth in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Tooth/gum abscess?

Sorry to bring this back up. I went today as it’s just really upsetting me now. Dentist was lovely and said looks like an abscess so took an X-ray to confirm and it is indeed looking like it. She said about either root canal/extraction and will be doing root canal first. Went to reception to end up having to book for the 2nd of October!!!! I was nearly in shock! If it’s infected how can I wait that long? I’m now worried about getting sepsis from it and she never gave me any antibiotics. Obviously they said if anything happens I can get an emergency appointment but not quite sure what to do in meantime. It’s just the gum that’s sore,no toothache apart from this dull pain which has happened since I’ve been playing about with it/thinking about it and I can chew on it but I’m scared that after 2 months I’m gonna be severely ill

Why such a long wait? Is it an nhs dentist?

I’m sure if they we’re concerned that they’d see you sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it is. It’s because my dentist is fully booked up till that point,just feel like it’s really long to wait for something like an abscess and to not even offer antibiotics to keep it at bay just now is confusing me. I suppose I’ll just have to keep an eye out in case it gets worse and will just need to make another emergency appointment if I have to unfortunately! Since I’ve went I feel like that side of mouth is tingling and I dunno if it’s my anxiety or what but just suddenly feel sick and dizzy and headache etc. Don’t think I can last for just under 2 months like this!

Thread Information