Thread: I have thread worms

I have thread worms

Hi all So I thought it was my piles making me itch, went to the doctors this morning, and its no doubt I have thread worm in my bottom!

Anybody had this?

I just took the tablet that makes them go away and to see if it returns in two weeks..

The one thing that bothers me is the possible side effects of this tablet,

liver and kidney inflammation..
    lower white blood cells in blood, can get more infections...

this has creeped me right out :(

Re: I have thread worms

I always think it's best not to read the side effects on medicines (in fact I don't any more). Imagine if we were reminded of all the dangers, no matter how remote, that were waiting outside the front door for us every time we went out.

They have to put them on to cover themselves legally, but the chances of any of them happening are so slim, so try not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by AllInMyHead View Post
    I always think it's best not to read the side effects on medicines (in fact I don't any more). Imagine if we were reminded of all the dangers, no matter how remote, that were waiting outside the front door for us every time we went out.

They have to put them on to cover themselves legally, but the chances of any of them happening are so slim, so try not to worry.

Thank you this has settled my mind x

hi miss sunshine,

its a very effective and harmless (to you not the worms!) tablet. I was given it as a child...

i've also had other tropical worm episodes in the past.. which were hideous - but I knew nothing about at all (until they came out!) I used to live in south america. Lets just say thread worms were like babies to these mamas!!! lol!

Jess

Quote Originally Posted by jessica546 View Post
    hi miss sunshine,

its a very effective and harmless (to you not the worms!) tablet. I was given it as a child...

i've also had other tropical worm episodes in the past.. which were hideous - but I knew nothing about at all (until they came out!) I used to live in south america. Lets just say thread worms were like babies to these mamas!!! lol!

Jess
    Hi Jess
    Thanks! The tablet is called mebendazole, and you can give it to 2 year olds so if they are fine to take it, the side effects cannot be that common? thats my positive side talking!

Yikes! How did you cope? the thought of these babies inside me made me panic allll night!

Yep, I had the same drug.. If they give it to children as young as 2 it has to be darn safe... and it's been around for years!

It was a scary moment (when i saw the mama's!) but makes a good (but gross) story afterwards lol!

jess xxx

Well thats a weight lifted off my mind thank you must be the most popular drug!

haha yes it is! I would have been on the floor having a panic attack, lol x

Thread Information