Thread: Skipped Beats and Panic

Skipped Beats and Panic

Hey everyone,

I’m house sitting for my mother. 32 and overweight and I suffer from some HA revolving around my heart mostly. It’s been up and down over the past couple years but I’ve kept it pretty in check but lately it’s been bad.

I was just kind of waking up from a nap in that middle area when I’m not awake or asleep when I had a skipped beat and I instinctively checked my pulse. Then I had another one. Then another one. I started to look up the closest ER when I tried to calm myself down. No pain. Just exhausted after my episode. I’m sad and i had nobody to talk to. Just looking for some reassurance because I’m 80% sure I’m fine, probably related to something I ate. But anxiety isn’t rational and there are those creeping doubts.

Thanks for listening. Much love.

Re: Skipped Beats and Panic

Those are called ectopic beats though they may feel like skipped beats they're actually a fast contraction of the heart then the heart waits to be refilled with blood to beat again. A natural phenomenon and almost 100% of the time does not indicate anything serious. PVCs can also be the heart's quick response to anxiety which is why is became more often when you got anxious.

You're fine

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Re: Skipped Beats and Panic

Thank you for the reply. I’ve dealt with them for a while just never that many in a short abount of time. Struggling a lot tonight and I’m frustrated about this “relapse” I appreciate the reply.

Thread Information