Thread: Will Propranolol help these symptoms?

Will Propranolol help these symptoms?

Hello

I have recently started propranolol. 10mg x 3 a day. However for the last 2 days I have increased to 20mg x 3 a day.

I still have exaggerated startle response (I jump to the smallest noise), adrenaline rushes all day, whole body shaking, tingling everywhere and I don't know if my heart is beating fast but definitely hard ( I can always feel it even at rest).

Is propranolol meant to get rid off all these symptoms?

And if so.....I have been on 20mg (x 3 a day) for 2 days now and I still have all these symptoms. Is this long enough to know that 20mg is not working for me? Or do you have to take it a while to know if it's working?

Many thanks

Re: Will Propranolol help these symptoms?

Hi it should help With those especially the heart and the adrenaline rushes. Your dosage may need adjusting depending upon how bad your symptoms are presenting? I’m on 160mg slow release and that does the trick for me I tried 3x10 ,3x40 and 1x80 and we have settled at 2x80 to control my physical anxiety symptoms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for your reply.

It's good to know I'm on a small dose so that's maybe why it's just not working.

Just wondering - how long did you try the lower doses for before you realised they didn't work and were given a higher dose to try?

Is it something you know within a couple of days it's not working?

Many thanks. Much appreciated.

Yeah my heart was still racing and I was still having strong physical symptoms of anxiety and I had enough so I went back and just went up dosages until it was under control

Thank you for your reply.

Just wondering everytime you went up a dose did the GP retest you for heart rate and blood pressure? What is your heart rate now at rest?

I'm just wondering what happens if my GP tests these and they are low. If I still have symptoms of anxiety will he then not give a higher dose of propranolol? Or do you think it has to be really low for this!?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by katebris View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

Just wondering everytime you went up a dose did the GP retest you for heart rate and blood pressure? What is your heart rate now at rest?

I'm just wondering what happens if my GP tests these and they are low. If I still have symptoms of anxiety will he then not give a higher dose of propranolol? Or do you think it has to be really low for this!?

Thank you!

My doctor test me every time I go to see him even on 160mg of propranolol my heart rate can still go to 110 BPM resting. Your doctor is best to help etc x

Thread Information