Thread: Intimacy in a relationship

Unhappy Intimacy in a relationship

Hi Everyone

Is there anyone of you have been in a relationship for a very long time , but now there seems to be a lack of intimacy?? No hugs, kisses and erm sex .... This has been happening for over the past couple of years or so .... How do you cope ?? How do you deal with it .... I have mentioned something in the past and I get “oh I’m not the huggy type etc” , “Is it pick on (says his name) day or something “ ... He sort of goes in a mood.... I just don’t know what to do anymore ....

It doesn’t help , I went for a procedure a couple of weeks back which I was really anxious about , he knew this ....He couldn’t take me as he was at work , I had to go with my mum (whom was not much help ) she has a put up shut up sort of attitude and I wanted a hug , all I got was you are going to be ok ... Anyways I thought my partner would have texted me to wish me luck , but sadly not .... I even texted him to remind him to order the tea that night , thought he might have said something then ... No , all he text was ok .... Which kind of upset me greatly... I just don’t know anymore....

Re: Intimacy in a relationship

Oh, yes, I am familiar with this. In our case it has largely been down to all sorts of strains we have been under. Lurching from one serious crisis to another. I think we just feel pemanently exhausted and are both on medication as a result. I do believe things will improve as we have turned a bit of a corner as regards our earnings, so at least things shouldn't be quite so much of a struggle financially moving on. I hope this will give us more time to work on our relationship and put a few things right.

Where do you feel things started to go wrong in the relationship? Where you facing a lot of difficulties? Could your partner be depressed? It can be really hard and make people seem uncaring when depression strikes and sometimes medical help is needed to get out of it. Do you think your partner is happy? Are things going okay for him at work, or whatever else he does during the day? Has he got other problems on his mind? I think you need to do a bit of digging to try and get to the bottom of this. If you can talk it will help a lot. You obviously were okay until a couple of years ago, so something must have happened since to change things.

Thread Information