Thread: Is this depression?

Is this depression?

Sorry if I'm asking the same question that's been asked a million times before, I just can't understand how I feel any more.
    I've suffered with anxiety / panic on and off for years which I've managed with antidepressants when at it's worst - but I wouldn't say I'd ever really been depressed.
    The past few weeks, following a difficult few months battling anxiety, I find I'm waking up in the morning thinking "I can't do this" and it's an absolute mammoth task to get out of bed. I get ready for work thinking "I can't do it. I want to get back in bed" but I force myself to go to work. All day it feels like I have a huge black cloud over my head, but I plod on and occasionally think "No I'm ok. I feel fine" but as quick as the positive thoughts come, I'm slapped with a horrible feeling of bleakness, like I need to stop what I'm doing and just curl up under a duvet.
    The feeling stays with me all day, coming in waves even when I'm at home having a cup of tea, watching something I normally love watching I've got this horrible over bearing feeling of "not being OK"
    I'm not doing anything I used to enjoy any more because it feels pointless because this bleak feeling overpowers everything :(

Re: Is this depression?

Certainly sounds like depression and it is awful.

It might be worth seeing your GP to see if they can suggest anything to help.

Re: Is this depression?

Thanks guys. I have just started taking Citalopram - mainly for my panic attacks, so I'm hoping this might help with my mood. It's certainly a horrible feeling.

Thread Information