Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme fatigue?

Extreme fatigue?

Anybody feel tired all the time? Im at work and I feel like im about to hit the ground.. Been sleeping alot lately aswell..does anybody feel tired suddenly for no reason?

Re: Extreme fatigue?

Yeah all the time. Anxiety does it and meds does it to me.....

Ya I do, have the flu or something at the moment.
    But this year I've just been feeling tired a lot , even worse was that when I went to bed I found it hard to sleep, but once I was asleep itd be hard to wake up.
    I'd often lay down , I was never able to nap but then this year I found myself laying down an sleeping for an hour!
    Saying all that, this year was really stressful for me and I think stress leaves you physically and emotionally tired

Yes! I am excessively tired recently, sometimes I feel I will just drop or that I won't make it up and down stairs!

Anxiety is exhausting!!! Our bodies are on a constant fight or flight so I guess that's why..

Take time to relax xx

yes, tiredness seems to be a fact of life for those with anxiety and/or depression and/or taking meds for it. Helps me to ensure I try and get lots of rest, look after myself, etc. Ironically, the best thing for me is to exercise, much as I don't want to most of the time. It's the only thing that really energises me. Regular, fairly intensive aerobic type exercise.
    Good luck. Siberian ginseng is also supposed to be good (good quality one) but I've never tried it. Maybe someone else has? Take care of yourself.

Yes anxiety medication is making me sleep sometimes during the day

Yeah, I had this very badly about four years ago and had had it many years before that.

I only realised that my body had been burnt out when I eventually had been put on medication and, after about 6 months of being on, I woke up one day and thought OMG I dont feel exhausted and unwell - it was a great day.

I had a bit of an anxiety relapse back at Christmas and went back on meds but, having said that I know the tell time signs of when I am getting unwell.

You are not alone and I hope that you start to feel better soon.

Tagging on this November thread:

Have people experimented with when the medicine is taken? I take 20mg citalopram at night and am OK in the morning but kind of exhausted by 5PM. I tried it in the morning a couple of months but can't recall if I was tired or not. I just remember the anxiety or lack of.

If I am worrying over a problem and it doesn't resolve then I reach the point of fatigue. At that point I have to let go of the problem and put some food into my system.

I usually become so wrapped up in a problem that I skip meals and burn loads of energy.

Eating is one remedy for it .... and talking to someone about whatever it is that was gnawing at me is a must.

Yes, that does help. If I am driving, chewing crunchy things helps me do something and I also drink sips of water.

I will put some snacks in the car now, good idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information