Thread: Panic or depression

Panic or depression

Hello,
    I am not really new to this website but never really posted much. Well i don't know where to start as there's so much happening right now...Up to three weeks ago everything in my life was fine then i had a major panic attack on the shopping centre parking lot (in the car) and since then i feel like i am going crazy.If i am really honest it isnt my first encounter with anxiety as i suffered with pnd 5 years ago but somehow got on top of it and was doing fine..Now i am thankful for everything in my life but this constant anxiety is frightening me this time because unlike when i had pnd the panic attacks lasted all day long for a good week ( or being very very anxious) I'm learning to deal with it and try to use CBT ( i had Cbt therapy first time around) and relaxation techniques, but i am so afraid so so afraid because last night and the night before i didnt sleep much ( awake every couple of hours) and i am left sobbing first thing in the morning scared my life will never be the same ( or at least i will never be the old me).Please tell me that i am not alone

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Re: Panic or depression

Anyone?

Hi momaof2 you r not alone. Panic attacks r very scary. Just remember they r not harmful. Hope u start 2 feel better soon. T c x

You will be fine, but please see a doctor. There is no need to do this alone. You can recover and be back to your normal self, though it might take longer than expected. I have suffered panic attacks, I know how horrible they are. You said everything was fine before the panic attack, have you been under any unusual stress or pressure recently? Is anyone in your family aware of your struggling?

Quote Originally Posted by gradually_suddenly View Post
    You will be fine, but please see a doctor. There is no need to do this alone. You can recover and be back to your normal self, though it might take longer than expected. I have suffered panic attacks, I know how horrible they are. You said everything was fine before the panic attack, have you been under any unusual stress or pressure recently? Is anyone in your family aware of your struggling?
    No i am not going through it alone thankfully and i am re learning not to fear the panic attacks even though it is frightening at times

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Sorry i forgot to mention ...yes my grandfather passed away a couple months ago and there's was family drama so i never got to say goodbye :( i also run a business( that was put on hold after his passing) and i was also studying on the side ...In total honesty i think it creeped up on me because like i said i was fine and though i had everything under control ...guess i was wrong

Thread Information