Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good News!

Good News!

Hey folks,

I eluded to a life situation concerning employment in a couple of replies. Long story short, I've been unemployed since October. There were a couple of factors involved but the bottom line is that I was the victim of verbal abuse by the owners daughter for several years. It's a small family business and blood is thicker than the $$ I brought in. I put up with it for years and had many documented conversations with the owner about it. It wasn't taken care of and I finally had enough, took out my phone and recorded it. She had a meltdown and even got physical trying to take my phone away. Needless to say I covered my ass. Rather than face the legal challenges that presented, I was offered a generous exit agreement.

As you can imagine, at 59, age discrimination was a frequent issue I encountered in my job search. I've been in the music industry my entire career. I've been a full time musician and have spent the last 20 years in the music manufacturing industry. One of my customers was Furnace Record Pressing. If you follow music, you know that vinyl is making a big comeback. Furnace is blowing up and has produced many of the vinyl pieces you see on the shelves today, not only for indie musicians and bands but for many major labels. The facility is freaking amazing and the culture is even better!

Anyway, I interviewed with them twice in the last week and I received and accepted a very generous offer today. Due to my experience and the fact they're growing faster than they can keep up with, the opportunities for advancement both in position and monetarily are huge! It's in Alexandria, VA (Near DC) and will be a heck of a commute (65 miles each way) for a few months until we're able to re-locate but it's going to be worth it.

It's been very stressful the last 6 months between the toxic work environment and looking for work but the sense of relief I feel is huge! I can now look forward to finishing my career in the business I love so much. The words in my signature ring true, especially the "enjoy the work you do" part Best of all, even with re-locating, I can still keep my gig in the Shenandoah National Park that I've been doing for the last 8 years

Here's to bigger and better things.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Good News!

Oh, wow, congratulations! I'm so glad things are working out for you!

You have DONE WELL !!!!! Huge congratulation FMP, nearing 60 is an incredibly tough time to find work and it sounds like this is just perfect.

fantastic news great to hear

Congratulations! Awesome news!

Delighted for you, you do so much to help people on here I'm glad some luck has gone your way.

Brilliant

great stuff. Good things happening to good people.

Oh that’s brilliant news! Huge congratulations. Sounds like the job was just waiting for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful news FMP, you couldn’t deserve it more. Thank you for all you do.
    Xxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information