Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Referred to breast clinic! Panicked!

Re: Referred to breast clinic! Panicked!

Yes they did. They are the experts here, not your HA thoughts.

Am really pleased for you-it's excellent news!

Yay! Congratulations. So pleased for you xx

They know what to look for, they know what surrounding tissues will look like if there was something present - it is such a skilled job being a radiographer. Did you know they do medical training at degree level for 3 or 4 years just to get started!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    They know what to look for, they know what surrounding tissues will look like if there was something present - it is such a skilled job being a radiographer. Did you know they do medical training at degree level for 3 or 4 years just to get started!
    When I had my mammogram and then the ultrasound I had a man training in the room aswell. I was asked if I minded and was told he’d be sent out if I was uncomfortable with it. Of course I said it was fine, they have to learn, imagine if the majority said no, no one would learn anything and all those years at uni wasted

Yeah !!!! So important isn't it to let them all have their training, critical. Throughout my radiotherapy there were teams of 2 doing it each day, and for the majority of those I actually had two guys.

Thank goodness Anxiety121! Sorry I'm late to the party - I'm really pleased you got a good result. And well done for going, I know you found the whole thing really scary.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereIsMyMind View Post
    Thank goodness Anxiety121! Sorry I'm late to the party - I'm really pleased you got a good result. And well done for going, I know you found the whole thing really scary.
    So glad ! So happy for you too! By the way now I'm panicking about my light periods! Arrrrggg :( no end to HA

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Yeah !!!! So important isn't it to let them all have their training, critical. Throughout my radiotherapy there were teams of 2 doing it each day, and for the majority of those I actually had two guys.
    Cary when did you have radiotherapy? I know I should trust them. I do deep down

Cary when did you have radiotherapy?

2 1/2 years ago.

When I was at the hospital there was quite a long delay. At one point one of the nurses came into the waiting room to explain the wait to us all, and said that they were sorry, but "it will take as long as it takes. Everyone will get the time that they need, and we have to get it right for everyone."

Hopefully that will reassure you that they checked properly. Everyone is treated as if they could have cancer (based on the reason for the referral) until proven otherwise.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information