Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pelvic pain for a week each month (AFTER my period)

Pelvic pain for a week each month (AFTER my period)

I feel like my anxiety is piling on this week. Thankfully I have a therapy appointment tomorrow!

For the last several months I've been getting pretty bad pelvic/abdominal pain/tenderness for a week beginning the day my period ends. I feel bloated, tight, and sore in my entire abdominal area. It hurts to press, cough, etc... I end up constipated, gassy, and sometimes there's increased pressure when I pee making it harder to get out, and I'm just generally uncomfortable.

I'm not sure when it started, but I only recently realized how it tracks exactly with my cycle each month. It seems to get worst right at ovulation (I have a short cycle and ovulate around day 10 or 11).

I also have a small umbilical hernia that only protrudes during this time, so there is definitely increased pressure somewhere.

Has anyone had this? My annual OBGYN appointment is soon, so I've been waiting, but I may call tomorrow to try and get in sooner.

The rest of the month I feel fine.

I don't have endometriosis, I do have fibroids but I've had them for more than 10 years and just had them scanned about 6 months ago.

Re: Pelvic pain for a week each month (AFTER my period)

Obviously I'm not a doctor so can't diagnose, but this sounds a lot like the ovulation pains I get. Especially as you say it's worst when you ovulate. I'm not hugely knowledgable on the topic, but when you ovulate it's common to get cysts in or on your ovaries that go away again after ovulation.

If that's what it is, then it's harmless and nothing to worry about. But your doctor will know more about it and can advise you properly. It doesn't sound like anything worrisome though.

Thanks! Does yours last for several days? I find women's health issues to be such a frustrating issue because everyone always kind of brushes them under the rug and expects us to just bear with. For example, when you look into ovulation pain it always says it's slight cramping on one side for a few hours, whereas this lasts for days.

Then any time I ask my doctor about stuff, like when it felt like my insides were falling out a year after giving birth, his answer was, "yeah, it happens, do more kegals"

In my younger years I had ovulation pain for days on end. It was random too. But that’s what it was put down to as no other cause was found. They did discuss the possibility of endo at one point but the pain went away after I had kids so was never looked into again.

Mine normally lasts a couple of days, but it would be different for everyone. I get mine on one side, but it could still be possible to get a more generalised pain.

My ovulation pains aren't so bad until I move, then it feels like being stabbed in the side. Things like coughing or sneezing make it hurt, even peeing does.

You should mention it to your doctor anyway, as they will know more about potential causes. I think the fact that it's centred around ovulation would suggest it's nothing scary, but the only way to find out what is causing it, is to speak to a medical professional.

And yep, it's very frustrating! It doesn't help that things change throughout your life as well, so you're always having to assess whether some new thing is normal or not. Would be nice to have hormone levels that stayed the same all the time

Thanks, ladies. Yes - what it must be like to be a man!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I sent a message to my doctor and told him my next appt was 2/27. He wrote back to call and schedule it for an earlier date. I am now going this Thursday, but of course anxious now that he thinks it's something more serious.

I'm off to my appointment and so anxious. I made a list of all my concerns so I wouldn't forget anything. I really hope he can give me some answers and it's not a serious issue!!

Best of luck - please keep us posted?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information