Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smear results CIN2

Cervical cancer

I had been having yellowish discharge (gave birth 3 months ago) and went to see GP who had a look inside and said likely infection. Said my cervix looks fine just a little raw as expected after birth. I took antibiotics and this discharge seems to have cleared. I have not bled nor had pain during intercourse but today I have a pulling pain/muscle ache in my hip bone. I am 29, had numerous sexual partners some ashamedly were unprotected in my youth. I'm worried. I have my next smear in a few weeks time, my last one was normal.

Re: Cervical cancer

Discuss it with your next exam in a few weeks. No harm in waiting, you're fine, IMO.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am still worried as u have this niggling ache around pubic bone, on and off like a sprain. It isn't constant but I know pelvic pain us a sign of cervical cancer, this has been 3 days now. Usually worse if I stand up from sitting/laying.

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I am still worried as u have this niggling ache around pubic bone, on and off like a sprain. It isn't constant but I know pelvic pain us a sign of cervical cancer, this has been 3 days now. Usually worse if I stand up from sitting/laying.
    Pelvic pain can be symptom for advanced cervical cancer, not an early symptom, which is picked up on a smear test, even before any bleeding occurs. Cervical cancer is caused by certain strains of the HPV (warts virus) and the new smears can test for this. Cervical cancer can take 10 years to develop so nothing serious is likely to have popped up since your last smear. Having more partners can increase the chances of contracting more HPV strains but women who have only 1 partner can get precancerous lesions, sometimes it's the luck of the draw. Eighty percent of women (and men) carry the HPV virus but the good news is that the body usually clears it within 6 months to 1 year. So the HPV virus can show on a smear, then disappear within a year.

From experience, aching over the pelvic bone could be hormone related or bladder related.

Often women with autoimmune issues eg, Fibromyalgia, CFS can get a lot of this type of aching. It's a darn nuisance but is not anything serious.

Just mention the aching when you see your Dr for the next smear. Most Drs do an internal examination as well, so that should be reassuring.

I've had a baby recently too so assume something would've been found in numerous checks and swabs I had? My last smear was 3 years ago. I was promiscuous for a few months after a break up about 5 years ago but since been with one partner on and off contreception. My last smear 3 years ago was normal. The pain is more like a pull/ache and is off more than on. I think it's because of the discharge too which imnkt sure is still lochia (I had traumatic birth forceps and epistiomty).

Exclamation Scared its cervical cancer

TMI

Gave birth 3 months ago and I still wear lanty liners daily. The discharge is creamy and smells like the lochia did (vinegary). There isn't much just enough to wear a liner. I have also had on and off ache around my left pubic bone. I went to see nurse about discharge who did urine test which showed infection,tookantibiotics had period, week off discharge now back again. It always falls week after my cycle. my smear is next week and I am so scared

I'm really worried

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I'm really worried

Anything new is worrying. The infection may not have cleared up, so perhaps go back to the nurse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My smear is tomorrow and I feel so sick with nerves. The discharge has cleared up and hip ache eased but still there (hip bone and upwards around love handle fat). I had sex the other day and very slight pink discharge after. I keep checking every time I go to the loo.

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Also when I went for the check up she said cervix was still a bit red but that could be from birth and she didn't seem concerned. Labour was long and he got stuck so they used forceps. I've read stories about mum's diagnosed months after birth and now I'm terrified.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Could someone please DM me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information