Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pfizer 2nd Dose - Worried About Side Effects?

Re: Pfizer 2nd Dose - Worried About Side Effects?

Yes it does, how nice to feel the support from so very far away.
    When are we to drink extra fluids? Before? After?

@NancyW sorry for late reply! I think its just to keep your fluids up, drinking throughout the day, I don't think it matters before or after, just as long as you are staying hydrated, at least 2 litres of water, and especially with the recent heat, up even more. Hope all is well! Let us know how you are keeping when you get your 2nd vaccine!

mischamoonlight thank you, I've been drinking and peeing for 2 days now lol!

So far so good, I'm almost at 6 hours with just mild arm soreness. Hopefully I can sleep tonight. Well see how I feel in the morning.

Thanks for checking

24 hours and I feel kind of out of it, spacey, no appetite, tired, anxious, my right ear feels a bit clogged, I did sleep with the fan on that's the only thing I can think of that might have caused this that won't send me into an anxiety spiral.

Nancy - I think there’s a better than good chance that the spacey, no appetite, and tiredness are all side effects from the anticipatory anxiety you’ve been dealing with up until your 2nd dose. I like FMP’s analogy about anxiety and fires - and I remind myself of that as needed. You’re doing great and I’m a couple days you will be back to normal, looking back and wondering why you were so worried - I know that’s how I felt anyway lol!

I'm at 2 1/2 days after #2.
    I felt better this morning, still felt like I was dragging 500 lbs instead of 145 lbs out of bed and into the kitchen to make coffee but it didn't last as long today.
    My stomach was queasy for a couple of hours.
    The symptom that upset me most was the weird feeling in my right ear and the side of my face. What the hell? I remember hearing that there may be a link to bells palsy and Pfizer. I am still worried but grateful I don't feel it much today. The last 2 days I am checking to make sure my smile is even when I look in the mirror.
    I didn't need this worry, of all things, you know?
    Last edited by NancyW; 22-07-21 at 03:18.

I totally understand that worry, Nancy. It was a concern of mine too. Good idea or not, I googled. And was reassured that out of the 22,000 that participated in the clinical trials, only four cases were recorded. That’s a crazy small percentage. And yes, there have been some extremely random and rare cases as more vaccines are given. But the main thing I learned was you can develop Bell’s palsy after any vaccine. And even after a viral infection! Actually your chances are markedly higher of developing it after a virus than after this vaccine. I know firsthand how hard it is, but try not to focus on all the negative what-ifs. Try to focus on the positives. Especially for you, who has had COVID and now two doses of the vaccine, you’re crazy well protected!!

glassgirlw thank you so much for your reply and the information.
    I am somewhat relieved that I didn't feel it as much today, I'm just not sure how long before I'm in the clear.

What would "in the clear" mean to you though, Nancy? I don't think anyone can answer your question precisely which is what your anxiety wants.

I reckon you are doing fine but if you keep being hypervigilant re potential "symptoms" you are going to feel pretty awful from all the anxiety.

Nancy, it sounds like you're doing really well! A lot of symptoms are probably anxiety and others sound very normal for a couple of days post vax. Could the feeling in your ear by hypersensitivity? I know when my mind fixates on something I can feel all sorts of weird sensations!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information