Thread: Scared I have meningitis?

Scared I have meningitis?

So I知 staying in an isolated rural area by myself with the nearest hospital a 3 hour drive away and there is no one out here to help me. I知 really worried I have menegitis as I致e been feeling unwell and feverish all day with a slight sore neck and have just developed a sore throat. I知 scared to go to sleep because I fear I値l never wake up. I am so so worried, my orients are overseas and there is no one I can call to help me. What should I do?

Re: Scared I have meningitis?

Quote Originally Posted by sarah4856 View Post
    So I’m staying in an isolated rural area by myself with the nearest hospital a 3 hour drive away and there is no one out here to help me. I’m really worried I have menegitis as I’ve been feeling unwell and feverish all day with a slight sore neck and have just developed a sore throat. I’m scared to go to sleep because I fear I’ll never wake up. I am so so worried, my orients are overseas and there is no one I can call to help me. What should I do?
    Hi, first and foremost I want to reassure you that you DO NOT have meningitis and you either have a viral infection or cold coming. I had this fear for a long, long time, which meant hours upon hours of research into this disease. I’m not a medical professional nor am I qualified to diagnose you, but from my own experience, worrying about a cold can make it linger. Meningitis is a fast acting, rapid infection which progresses within hours, you’d be very poorly by now. The 3 hour distance may sound very scary, but if, for any reason, anything was to happen (the very low chance it would) then they would send an air ambulance. The fact you live in such an insolated area makes your chances of getting meningitis even more lower as it is more common among people living in close proximity (university halls). Drink plenty of fluids and stay rested. You’ll feel much better soon

Thread Information