Thread: Cold sore - lymph node

Cold sore - lymph node

I’ve got a monstrous cold sore on my top lip at the moment, last night while laying in bed i was laying on my back and noticed when I looked down my neck felt tender. I have a swollen node.

Trying to stay rational… could someone confirm if a cold sore can cause swollen nodes?

Re: Cold sore - lymph node

A cold sore is caused by a virus (HSV1). Lymph nodes are the filters of our bodies and filter out the nasties. Wouldn't it make sense that the node is reacting to the viral load its encountered by the cold sore?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Lady123 View Post
    I’ve got a monstrous cold sore on my top lip at the moment, last night while laying in bed i was laying on my back and noticed when I looked down my neck felt tender. I have a swollen node.

Trying to stay rational… could someone confirm if a cold sore can cause swollen nodes?
    The last time I had a cold sore I also got a swollen lymph node. It also took about 5 days after the cold sore healed to go down.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks both. Im trying really hard to be sensible about this but im so fearful. When I put my head down to my chest and give myself a double chin I can find it so easily and it feels big.

When I put my head back up feels a bit smaller.

What position would a doc check the neck?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady123 View Post
    Thanks both. Im trying really hard to be sensible about this but im so fearful. When I put my head down to my chest and give myself a double chin I can find it so easily and it feels big.

When I put my head back up feels a bit smaller.

What position would a doc check the neck?
    Lady, read what you wrote. What person does that intentionally? Why would a doctor have you assume such a position to check? You're letting the dragon control you here. Just leave it be. It will go on its own after the cold sore resolves.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you fishmanpa, jeez this dragon is strong. I know how ridiculous my questions sounds reading it back. I’m trying really hard! Honest!

Thanks again. Sometimes just need someone to help tame this dragon a bit.

Thread Information