Page 48 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    As are many of the kids coming out of colleges these days. The only difference is the kids don't even know they're commies. Just look at their violent rages on campuses. If that isn't the face of communist behavior I don't know what is.

Is Corbyn a commie?
    You're right schools and colleges are churning out kids that are brainwashed with Marxist ideology. Don't know about the US but here in UK they start nice and early as the Aristotle quote says “Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man”. Labeling politicians based on their ideology can get a bit confusing but there's no doubt the current political establishment is full of traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    You're right schools and colleges are churning out that are brainwashed with Marxist ideology. Don't know about the US but here in UK they start nice and early as the Aristotle quote says “Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man”. Labeling politicians based on their ideology can get a bit confusing but there's no doubt the current political establishment is full of traitors.

It's the same thing here, Hollow. The puplic system here is a disgrace. It starts in kindergarten and goes right through college. The lucky ones get to come and work with me after college. That's when I start to open their eyes to the real world and life. I can actually see it in their faces when it starts to sink in...the truth that is.

N.

You're right schools and colleges are churning out kids that are brainwashed with Marxist ideology. Don't know about the US but here in UK they start nice and early as the Aristotle quote says “Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man”. Labeling politicians based on their ideology can get a bit confusing but there's no doubt the current political establishment is full of traitors.
    The funny thing is, look how a lot of the younger generation marched because they don't want to leave the EU yet now they march to support Corbyn. Both he & McDonnell have been lifelong euroskeptics and they've created a manifesto with elements that are in compatible with the Single Market.

You could argue they should have supported the LibDems. Obviously a GE is about a lot more than Brexit but why support 2 hard Brexiters if they feel so strongly? It's like they can't see the pasts of these politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    It's the same thing here, Hollow. The puplic system here is a disgrace. It starts in kindergarten and goes right through college. The lucky ones get to come and work with me after college. That's when I start to open their eyes to the real world and life. I can actually see it in their faces when it starts to sink in...the truth that is.

N.
    This rankles with me as its fully anecdotal and smacks of 'my way or the highway' view on life.
    I believe in a social politics, I believe in the government ensuring that there is enough social policy that people dont slip through holes and end up destitute. i understand that our economies are capitalist however I dont think that means you can't create policies that introduce fairness or treating customers fairly.
    I'm not a Marxist and school didn't inform my politics, to be honest it was when i was a christian that my politics was informed by the sermon on the mount and the idea that the meek and peacemakers are blessed and I extrapolated a world view.
    My eyes are already open and I can see the good and the harm that goes on in the world and I personally want to have an impact on it.

Capitalists have been trying to sell me trickle down economics for years to justify the vast riches that some people have but trickle down just doesn't work/happen. Wealth inequality is a huge problem and is especially a problem for the current generation who with slow wage growth and little disposable income are finding in the Uk its very very hard to get a deposit to gether for a house for example.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post

Capitalists have been trying to sell me trickle down economics for years to justify the vast riches that some people have but trickle down just doesn't work/happen. Wealth inequality is a huge problem and is especially a problem for the current generation who with slow wage growth and little disposable income are finding in the Uk its very very hard to get a deposit to gether for a house for example.
    Agree with you! But i wouldn't call them Capitalists, those at the top of the pyramid are parasites and psychopaths. This ex dutch banker explains how it works, maybe the most important interview of this century.

"Real Big Power: Revelations by insider Ronald Bernard-part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C-KHt9vi5k

Last edited by Hollow; 05-07-17 at 11:01.

Agree with you! But i wouldn't call them Capitalists, those at the top of the pyramid are parasites and psychopaths. This ex dutch banker explains how it works, maybe the most important interview of this century.

"Real Big Power: Revelations by insider Ronald Bernard-part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C-KHt9vi5k

Thanks Hollow, thats powerful stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Thanks Hollow, thats powerful stuff
    No problem, Yeah it's a powerful interview and i had to watch it several times to understand it because it gets very technical with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The funny thing is, look how a lot of the younger generation marched because they don't want to leave the EU yet now they march to support Corbyn. Both he & McDonnell have been lifelong euroskeptics and they've created a manifesto with elements that are in compatible with the Single Market.
    I always thought Brexit was a referendum on immigration and whether the UK wanted to be more nationalist or continue to be part of the globalist world order. Although Corbyn has said that he's not for open borders and wants control over immigration, i don't believe him because it's against everything he stands for. Both parties can't be trusted on this issue so it's up to the godfather of brexit Nigel Farage to come back and lead the way again.

I always thought Brexit was a referendum on immigration and whether the UK wanted to be more nationalist or continue to be part of the globalist world order. Although Corbyn has said that he's not for open borders and wants control over immigration, i don't believe him because it's against everything he stands for. Both parties can't be trusted on this issue so it's up to the godfather of brexit Nigel Farage to come back and lead the way again.
    It was a key part of it. For some, it will be all it was about. Eitherway, nationalist wanting to work with the rest of the world or within a protectionist trade zone, the powers that be will just carry on.

I agree, there is a need for a watchdog as neither party can be trusted. If they had someone like UKIP nipping at them, they would be more likely to follow through.

I don't believe that's what Corbyn personally wants but it's a case of telling Labour voters what they expect to hear. Labour strongholds wanted out, some of these are switching away from Labour because of a lack of trust in their less than clear messages (Starmer gave an opposing view the other day).

Corbyn has always disliked the EU and it's earlier forms because he believes it's about big business. It's true that it has done plenty for the common man too but it's objective is making money for big business who can shift their workforces easier. That's more a Tory dream than a Labour one. This is why I can't understand the unions here because it's not good for wages and why would your average working class person want to make their job applications harder by having more candidates? And why would they want big businesses to shop for workers abroad? That makes no sense to me. And then we have the failure to keep the NHS able to handle the extra load.

Corbyn is all for more immigration and outside the EU he could increase it if he wanted, as can May. But I don't think the EU is quite so liberal and clashes with his principles.

'Stop gloating whenever Brexit gets tough' Business peer savages 'BBC propaganda machine"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/82...Brexit-process

BBC has no loyalty to Britain, it will undermine Brexit at every opportunity. Time to get rid of the license fee and put the BBC out of it's misery.
    Last edited by Hollow; 09-07-17 at 09:47.

Page 48 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread Information