Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again.... melanoma? :(

Re: Here we go again.... melanoma? :(

You are jumping to conclusions again and making more out of it than needs to be so recognise that and calm down.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can't, my mum just took another video for me and this time there were no hairs in the way and it looked really freaky... I rarely suffer from any actual classic symptoms of anxiety like a churning stomach with pain and trips to the loo, it's usually more a deep dull sense of dread with me, but now I'm suffering from all those symptoms

The mole actually looks horrific and irregular... I know this is cancer. Holy f***ing ****. Screw bowel cancer, who knows how long I've had this for?

Oh damn... oh damn... oh damn and it's on my scalp, probably the worst possible location for it to be. AMAZING. F***.

Toby, be rational for a second. Why does my opinion matter? And if it does, why don't you ever listen?
    Do I think it's cancer? No. Do I know that for a fact? No. Do I think engaging with you helps? No. But I'm a compassionate person and one day I may help someone.
    I'm off to bed so I hope you start to employ the techniques you know and stop assuming everything is cancer.

I'm actually scared to post the most recent picture of what it looks like because I think everyone else will freak out too... and I mean that genuinely, it looks horrible

It's sinking in that THIS IS IT :(

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    Toby, be rational for a second. Why does my opinion matter? And if it does, why don't you ever listen?
    Do I think it's cancer? No. Do I know that for a fact? No. Do I think engaging with you helps? No. But I'm a compassionate person and one day I may help someone.
    I'm off to bed so I hope you start to employ the techniques you know and stop assuming everything is cancer.
    Thanks. I'm sorry I'm a mess. I'll take your advice for sure and go and get it checked tomorrow but in the mean time.... I'M A MESS

Oh well you've had a good innings. And your mum will be able to go for a crap in peace without you listening at the door. Love and prayers as always.

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    Oh well you've had a good innings. And your mum will be able to go for a crap in peace without you listening at the door. Love and prayers as always.
    I haven't had 'good innings' at all and I know what your intentions were with this but I'm just going to rise above it and say thank you.

Ohhh I can't believe this

I'm PRAYING that it's an 'atypical mole' - a non-cancerous mole that is irregular looking

No's:

- stop taking pictures
    - stop posting them on here (we aren't going to look at them and we aren't qualified to judge them anyway)
    - stop looking to compare with others across the internet
    - stop Googling pointless stories to compare to people with/without cancers

When you come back from your GP with the likely all clear that he is not interested in it then you will have another chance at stopping the cycle continuing by not doing the above again.

Reaction, Toby. Do you think people without health anxiety themes panic like this? So, what makes them different? Why wouldn't they be bothered and even if they were they wouldn't be up all night panicking and researching the internet about it? Does that not show there is one issue in play here with all this - anxiety?

So, what are you going to do right now to work on this? Are you going to try to stop yourself reading nonsense on the internet trying to validate you have another cancer? Are you going to notice that the cancer you said was the worst anxiety you've ever had (which you had said before anyway about something else) has instantly been replaced by this new one that has popped up today? Are you going to start making spurious links between bowel cancers and this new one? Or are you going to recognise the panic cycle you are in and reduce unhealthy behaviours like above, get yourself off the internet and doing other things? Are you going to use any techniques your therapist has taught you or that we have mentioned at length throughout your threads?

Thanks Terry... but if you saw the latest picture I took you'd probably freak out too. I truly think this is it. I would bet £1000 on it. It has many hallmarks of a cancerous mole

I know it's annoying but right now I'm in panic mode. I guess people without HA wouldn't panic this much but people without HA get cancer :(

I am trying relaxation techniques and reassuring myself that it might be something innocent but the odds aren't in my favor here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information