Page 82 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    I vote we have the mods here set up a party and we can all vote them into power
    But would they want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Those who are not yet completely brainwashed by the MSM have long understood that the organisation known as "ISIS" does not exist. ISIS and other so called imaginary "Islamic" terrorist groups are a creation of MI5/CIA/Mossad. Multimedia, including the beheading videos released by "ISIS" are produced and then released by the Intelligence agencies to likes of Rita Katz. They also operate the websites and social media accounts of these non-existent groups.

Therefore, we have to conclude that the whole "Shamima Begum" news story is a hoax. It's a psychological operation designed to confuse the British public and create a diversion. The actor/agent who is playing the role of "Shamima" is on the direct payroll of the spooks.

Jihadis returning to UK offered amnesty if they become spies for MI5

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ty-spy-for-mi5

The spies will then be asked to either join suspected terror groups in the UK or in some cases return to Iraq or Syria as double agents. It is understood MI5 will only use jihadis who joined the Islamic State to help topple the Syrian regime.

Erm doesn't "
    The spies will then be asked to either join suspected terror groups in the UK or in some cases return to Iraq or Syria as double agents. It is understood MI5 will only use jihadis who joined the Islamic State to help topple the Syrian regime
    " mean they are actually originally spies and there never jihadis?

The Begum story, if manufactured to confuse the public, would show a very poor ability to manage then. You believe this is to put people off the true conspirators yet haven't considered the public don't particularly have any interest in this, only people like yourself. If the Begum story was created to distract the public it would be from things like Brexit, with the help of the media. Why do they need to distract the public from what is happening in Syria when what shoes Katie Price is wearing today gets more clicks?

I'm surprised you are surprised that MI5 have a strategy of using them for intelligence if they can be turned? Every country has been doing that...since countries were invented. We did in NI, we did it during the Cold War, we did it during WWII. Even the police do it with their undercover work, and even below this as they turn a blind eye to a smaller fish and take intelligence from criminals.

Do you expect they do it based on morality alone? So, we don't seek to use the villains because that would tar us? That pure world never existed.

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry...b0e2f4d8a379b3

And there we have it, Remain on the ticket. Revolutionary MP's or self serving MP's? I think I'll go with the latter. It shows these defectors are only doing this because of Brexit. Will the Tory defectors rejoin the party later? And how do they expect Labour voters to join a new party that is propping up the Tories?

To stop Brexit the Labour MP's are willing to turn on their constituents who voted Labour. Definitely by-election time.

This isn't independence, this is trying to have a party without abiding by Parliamentary rules. They may become a party later but this "group" is simple collusion to get their way with Brexit without consideration of their constituents feelings about the negative impact of an agreement. That needs to face the judgement of their constituents.

How can you have a confidence & supply agreement with a bunch of grouped together independents who haven't even stated what they stand for to their own constituents as they would have to when trying to become elected? They are not a party and should not be treated as such.

I'm no fan of whips but it makes you wonder if they are there to stop MP's operating in even more unscrupulous ways than they already do.

Someone must have agreed to bankroll them quickly with all this going on. I wonder who their new "owner" is? Perhaps they will get a grant off Soros?

We just need one more to join them and they can become The Dirty Dozen
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 22-02-19 at 06:31.

I totally agree with you Terry. This group people will gain no respect or confidence from the public.
    And what happens if they don't agree amongst each other, will they split again? And again and again?
    There was a a lot of head shaking from me when I watched the news.

Doesn't it also cast doubt on their motives as stated? For instance, Berger claims it's anti semitism yet attended that meeting about Brexit before she left.

Another one has just left Labour due to anti semitism. This one is pro Brexit so has indicated he won't join their group. Given he's on the inside that tells me the Labour splitters aren't being genuine.

That would have made it a Dirty Dozen
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 22-02-19 at 12:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Terry… What I can’t fathom (perhaps I’m being a bit thick) is what do the ship-jumpers actually want? I’ve seen reports of them hoping to bring down the Government, or force a ‘People’s Vote’ or stop Brexit or to take a stand against hardline Brexiteers. But none of this makes much sense, unless their aim is solely to obstruct democracy. If that is the truth then there is a case for accusing them of treason (not an easy case to bring these days – and what would be the penalty?). But in any event, what are they hoping to gain from it?

There’s all sorts of rumours and conspiracy theories about who’s backing these rebels, but the same question arises: what do the mystery backers get out of it? Some folks somewhere must believe they’ll benefit, but it certainly won’t be you, me or the majority of the population.

Whisper… Ahh, once the moderators have formed their political party they’ll become politicians and then you won’t be able to trust them, either. Power and corruption!
    I don't think MP's care as much about democracy. Money, power and ego, they care about them.

The backers could get a Remain win and keep their gravy trains running. The same as the backers for Miller.

The MP's can use a cause to further their careers, raise profiles, make more money, gain more power & influence, flatter their egos. Those seem tempting to some of the people drawn to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I totally agree with you Terry. This group people will gain no respect or confidence from the public.
    And what happens if they don't agree amongst each other, will they split again? And again and again?
    There was a a lot of head shaking from me when I watched the news.
    There was a YouGov poll that showing something like 14% support for TIG, 24% Labour and 32% Tory. Being a poll it will be poor, and it's isolated as it's too soon, and most like about a few hundred people so no indication of many millions of voters. An interesting take away from it is the higher % of people who would support a party who was other than Labour/Tory but then without seeing the criteria they could have left out all the other party options forcing the polled to pick TIG. Also, 14% could never vote for them anyway as it's just their individual areas and did they even poll any of those constituents?

If they win votes they can't become any more than the LibDems already are unless a lot more join them. And I would be very suspicious of major financial backers for such a small party if they don't field candidates anywhere else.

Just sounds like another Gina Miller to me.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...olitical-party

It seems they are trying to use the last couple of months before they are forced to declare donations by the commission. Basically it's exploiting the grey areas. It reminds me of people I've known who try to spend their income before declaring via self assessment so they don't get hammered on tax. I remember a fellow manager I worked with who once turned up in a shiny new jag and explained it was her builder husband shedding some cash for the end of the tax year.

They've already had donations and in that article we can see they have been spending on their props. They are using a name to appear as if they are a party and this should be against some sort of commission rule but it appears it's a loophole. How stupid that the commission will only care at the end of the financial year rather than from the beginning so any of us could start up what
    looks
    like a party and mislead the public.

I still don't fully believe this new party business anyway. Sure, Umunna might want it but I'm less convinced those Tories will. It could just be about forced the PM to backdown as a last resort before the end of March. They did say their proposal meant a People's Vote might take a year to conduct. I wonder who has been trundling over to Brussels to enquire about that...but I think we all know Teflon Tony has a mate in Juncker

So in effect we could start up a NMP Party and vote ourselves to be in it, with obviously Nicola as predominantly the prospective Prime Minister.
    Terry, are you up for Chancellor?
    How does 'Foreign Minister' grab you Pain?
    I could do the Health as I've had a lot of experience in the system.

Pain, 'Gemini' would be the last name I would choose for a company. Two faces?

Page 82 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread Information