Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Media seem to have gone quiet over crime rates just lately

Re: Media seem to have gone quiet over crime rates just lately

Oh, go eff yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Oh, go eff yourself!
    That's what I feel like saying to my mom right now.

Maybe shout it somewhere she can't hear? Or write her a letter and burn it.

Well I’ll be ferked!and I thought I could swear. I don’t feel bad now.
    Lenco tell ya mum too go get f* cked,you might feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm referring to issues more specific to my own country (the UK) here.
    The media in UK, US and all other countries are the same and will run stories that get the clicks. I'm sure you've noticed that COVID stories have all but disappeared. The Ukraine/Russia war has taken up much of the front pages and as big a story as that still is, its been pushed down the front pages over the Will Smith slap at the Oscars for the last several days. Just another who cares TBH. It doesn't affect our lives in any significant way but yet its garnering a lot of attention. And subjects/stories seem to cycle depending again on what's getting the clicks and it really is all about getting the clicks. That's the way it is and always has been. So?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Maybe shout it somewhere she can't hear? Or write her a letter and burn it.
    I'm not actually going to do it.

But the point I was making upthread (as you rightfully expressed yourself) is that there's times and places for use of profanities, and as well as being against the forum rules, not everyone on here wants to read F-bombs and the like written in full, even partially disguised with umlauts.

And I'm no massive prude myself either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm not actually going to do it.

But the point I was making upthread (as you rightfully expressed yourself) is that there's times and places for use of profanities, and as well as being against the forum rules, not everyone on here wants to read F-bombs and the like written in full, even partially disguised with umlauts.

And I'm no massive prude myself either.
    Yet in another thread you're raging against authority, now you're getting all weepy about a swear word that breaks the rules. Make your mind up.

Eta, what's the difference if it was 'kin, or f**k, we all know what it means. Do the pixels hurt your eyes if it's actually written?

Yes, there's times and places, but that doesn't mean we always get to decide them.

I appreciate that you're having a rough time, but nobody here's done anything to you so it's the wrong place to take out your frustrations.

If you're really keen to avoid swearing, I'd recommend finding locations that are wholly or partially aimed at under-16s.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The media in UK, US and all other countries are the same and will run stories that get the clicks. I'm sure you've noticed that COVID stories have all but disappeared. The Ukraine/Russia war has taken up much of the front pages and as big a story as that still is, its been pushed down the front pages over the Will Smith slap at the Oscars for the last several days. Just another who cares TBH. It doesn't affect our lives in any significant way but yet its garnering a lot of attention. And subjects/stories seem to cycle depending again on what's getting the clicks and it really is all about getting the clicks. That's the way it is and always has been. So?

FMP
    You're right that Covid in general has barely figured in news headlines over more recent weeks (on both sides of the Atlantic). Even news reports of the Ukraine conflict (whilst still seemingly nowhere near over) have already been starting to ease off a little and also giving way to other topics over the past week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Yet in another thread you're raging against authority, now you're getting all weepy about a swear word that breaks the rules. Make your mind up.

Eta, what's the difference if it was 'kin, or f**k, we all know what it means. Do the pixels hurt your eyes if it's actually written?
    It's double standards that I find jarring.
    And no, the pixels don't hurt my eyes.

I'm not full-on offended by the word in itself but I see this forum as a fairly safe space, not just for myself but for everyone, and this isn't the place where I want to be reading such words.

I don't mind if they are partially filtered (e.g, written as 'f**k', or ''kin''/''king'), but not spelled out in full, even in 'umlaut' style.

There's probably others that might disapprove of such words appearing on here but will probably just do nothing because they might just assume that said issue is too trivial to trouble the mods over.

But hey ho.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information