Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Re: Just Tested Positive - Success Stories and Reassuarnce

Quote Originally Posted by flappergirl View Post
    Glad that you are both feeling better. Hubby is on day 11 today and technically last day of isolation. He is feeling better but tired and coughing. I am day 9 now. I am feeling ok, less head pressure today but feeling low on energy and lots of anxiety. People that I know have had it had reported that they were really tired and even brushing teeth was a strain. I can manage that at least! MIL feels rough today but I am hoping now that she and all of us are past the worst. Every day is a mental rollercoaster 😩. Hope everyone else is on the mend xx
    Glad your husband is feeling better. I think he had quite similar symptoms to my boyfriend so its comforting to know. He is on day 9 now. Unfortunately his fever did go up again this afternoon but decreased with paracetamol. I hope we can get it properly under control soon.

I know what you mean about the mental rollercoaster, today has been tough. I don't feel covidy but I feel just wrecked from the mental battle of it all, trying to stay strong for my boyfriend but it's so difficult :(

But not long until we are out of the danger zone. My boyfriend needs to be fever free for 48 hours before he can leave quarantine, but hopefully he will be soon. We aren't planning on going anywhere, but it'll be a huge weight off my shoulders when he is!

Good news is his cough is improving. He hasn't had nearly as many coughing fits today and they haven't been productive, so that's hopeful and indicates that he doesn't have a chest infection (advice from the doctor).

Day 10 of symptoms for my boyfriend, day 8 for me. 15 days since exposure.

Woke up feeling pretty bad and panicking because we both had a higher temperature! However we then realised that we'd left the heating on (which we never normally do, we live in a new build flat which gets very very hot) and after taking some paracetamol and cooling the flat down we were both normal temp wise.

Other than that, I think we are turning a corner. My boyfriend could taste his yogurt, and hes definitely coughing less. We also managed to have a conversation for an hour or so, which he just wouldn't have had the energy for earlier in the week.

I felt quite a bit more energised and even managed to cook some lunch. Getting a bit more tired now, but that's fine. Still nasaly/ throaty and coughing occasionally, but nothing to worry about.

If we continue to see improvements, we may have turned a corner!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Day 10 of symptoms for my boyfriend, day 8 for me. 15 days since exposure.

Woke up feeling pretty bad and panicking because we both had a higher temperature! However we then realised that we'd left the heating on (which we never normally do, we live in a new build flat which gets very very hot) and after taking some paracetamol and cooling the flat down we were both normal temp wise.

Other than that, I think we are turning a corner. My boyfriend could taste his yogurt, and hes definitely coughing less. We also managed to have a conversation for an hour or so, which he just wouldn't have had the energy for earlier in the week.

I felt quite a bit more energised and even managed to cook some lunch. Getting a bit more tired now, but that's fine. Still nasaly/ throaty and coughing occasionally, but nothing to worry about.

If we continue to see improvements, we may have turned a corner!
    Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! I had a slight temp yesterday after feeling drained and I think I was trying to do too much as well as being in a hot room with too many covers! Hubby, MIL and I are feeling better. Hubby on day 12, MIL day and 11 and I am on day 10.

Had a massive anxiety spiral yesterday and spoke to GP about symptoms. Reassured me that all seems in order, and to keep resting, taking paracetamol. She recommended monitoring blood oxygen but assured me that my levels were fine. She said that usually by 10 days people will be improving, and so to reach 10 days and feeling better is a good sign. However the 10 days isolation does not mean that after 10 days you should be 100%....just that you have shed enough virus not to be contagious to others. More time to get better after then 10 days is usual.

Hubby is officially out of isolation but he’s not going anywhere as he feels too weak yet. Hope everyone is feeling better and more reassured as the days go by xx

So true, I was no where ready to get back to work and my normal day at 10 days.

Thanksgiving was day 16 for me, I cooked all day, doled food out to my kids we had no party. The next day I was completely exhausted, felt like I took a huge step backward.

It definitely takes it's time, all 3 of us had the same, we would think we felt better and then feel like crap again. My husband said it well, "it just doesn't want to let go"

Day 16 from exposure, day 11 of symptoms for my boyfriend, day 9 for me.

I feel ok this morning - was very very fatigued last night but slept it off and a little better now. Still throaty and congested but nothing too bad.

Boyfriends temperature has gone down, his cough is improving and while he's still in bed for most of the day, he's more and more able to have conversations and watch stuff on Netflix. This is all promising.

I did have a bit of a blip an hour or so ago where I obsessively started checking his blood oxygen, it went from 89 to 96 in the space of a minute - however I don't think he was holding it properly and was moving around too much. He's said he wouldn't be feeling better if he was about to deteriorate, and that he doesn't have any of the symptoms that the doctor said to call him back for so I need to chill. That all makes sense, and I know self testing is a slippery slope. Other than that he is improving so I need to focus on that.

Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! I had a slight temp yesterday after feeling drained and I think I was trying to do too much as well as being in a hot room with too many covers! Hubby, MIL and I are feeling better. Hubby on day 12, MIL day and 11 and I am on day 10.

Had a massive anxiety spiral yesterday and spoke to GP about symptoms. Reassured me that all seems in order, and to keep resting, taking paracetamol. She recommended monitoring blood oxygen but assured me that my levels were fine. She said that usually by 10 days people will be improving, and so to reach 10 days and feeling better is a good sign. However the 10 days isolation does not mean that after 10 days you should be 100%....just that you have shed enough virus not to be contagious to others. More time to get better after then 10 days is usual.

Hubby is officially out of isolation but he’s not going anywhere as he feels too weak yet. Hope everyone is feeling better and more reassured as the days go by xx
    Yeah a lot can affect our temperatures! He doesn't have one today which is promising.

Glad that the doctor was reassuring and that all sounds very positive. I had a spiral last night and was about to ring 111 but I ended up falling asleep and feel better this morning. The anxiety is definitely half the battle.

Very positive that we're all improving at around 10 days glad your husband has got there, is he out of bed now? And how is your MIL? Xx

Yeah a lot can affect our temperatures! He doesn't have one today which is promising.

Glad that the doctor was reassuring and that all sounds very positive. I had a spiral last night and was about to ring 111 but I ended up falling asleep and feel better this morning. The anxiety is definitely half the battle.

Very positive that we're all improving at around 10 days glad your husband has got there, is he out of bed now? And how is your MIL? Xx
    Glad that you are feeling better elizabethalice.

Hubby (day13) is out of bed but yesterday he had a temp again and also really lethargic. Another call to 111, who have asked that gp monitor him due to risk factors and that he had a low blood pressure. Today temp and sats normal for all. His blood pressure is still on the low side but he is trying to eat and drink more to boost it, and stay vertical to clear headache congestion. MIL (day12) also feels like she has turned a corner, which is a huge relief. Tomorrow she is 84 so it’s a good birthday present! I have a lot of head pressure and congestion so I am wearing Olbas oil like perfume to clear sinuses. I’m at day 11 and while I’m weary, I can feel a definite improvement.

Positive vibes and hugs to all x

Day 10 of symptoms for me, day 12 for my boyfriend.

A bit of a mixed bag today. We are definitely both making improvements, my boyfriend is coughing a lot less and his fever is down. I am ok other than sore throat, slight cough and fatigue waves. But it all gets a bit much mentally sometimes.

Got a call from NHS 111 today saying I can resume normal activities tomorrow - definitely wont be able to, but I am going to take the bins out (masked and at a quiet time, we live in a flat and have a communal bin room so couldn't do it while isolating).

I know it takes a while to heal, and this will take time. But I'm missing even normal lockdown life and having the energy to work and go for a walk. I'm sure we'll get there and at this stage, hopefully we are past the point of any deterioration.

Glad that you are feeling better elizabethalice.

Hubby (day13) is out of bed but yesterday he had a temp again and also really lethargic. Another call to 111, who have asked that gp monitor him due to risk factors and that he had a low blood pressure. Today temp and sats normal for all. His blood pressure is still on the low side but he is trying to eat and drink more to boost it, and stay vertical to clear headache congestion. MIL (day12) also feels like she has turned a corner, which is a huge relief. Tomorrow she is 84 so it’s a good birthday present! I have a lot of head pressure and congestion so I am wearing Olbas oil like perfume to clear sinuses. I’m at day 11 and while I’m weary, I can feel a definite improvement.

Positive vibes and hugs to all x
    Glad you're all ok. How is your husband and his blood pressure today? Make sure he takes it easy. Happy birthday to your MIL, that's fantastic given her age! I know what you mean, I am dousing tiger balm on constantly. Are you out of isolation now?

Glad you're all ok. How is your husband and his blood pressure today? Make sure he takes it easy. Happy birthday to your MIL, that's fantastic given her age! I know what you mean, I am dousing tiger balm on constantly. Are you out of isolation now?
    I am out of isolation but have not been out, worried I am contagious still! I feel a little bit more energetic, and have done little chores here and there, with rests in between. Hubby is taking it easy but he has been moving about more. GP said just to keep eating and drinking and wasn’t too worried about the BP fortunately. Have discovered that the ibruprofen helps the pressure headache a lot and that lemsips calm the congested feeling. It is much better around lunchtime after a morning of clicking and popping!

Glad to hear that you are both feeling better, it’s such a relief to be past the end of isolation mark. Mentally it is draining still for me too, I wake up every day at 6am in a panic, and have anxiety on and off during the day. Hoping it settles as time goes on xx

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information