Page 10 of 717 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post

Pity Boris never got his water cannons...two birds with one stone, arrest and a wash

Re: "Italian MP Sara Cunial Speaks the Truth About Covid-19"

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I suppose our current government could be "of the people" if your "people" just happened to have attended a public school and went up to Oxford...
    Sounds like MPs from all parties to me.

Re: Good News About Covid19 Reinfection

As a lover of the English language in all its majesty, I'm more angry at the use of that ugly word 'uptick' - what's wrong with the perfectly acceptable 'increase'?

I blame the BBC for adopting that one...
    I'm trying to be 'down with the cool kids'. I loathe the trending buzzword stuff too. I'm fine with cockwomble though, I get all immature and giggle

Re: "Italian MP Sara Cunial Speaks the Truth About Covid-19"

Only because Coronavirus has pushed them off the front pages.
    Yeah, XR must be sulking. The rug has been pulled from under them for some time I'm sure the middle classes will find something else to occupy their time though

Re: More News about Over Inflated Death Count

Definitely. In the 80s during the Thatcher era there was a concerted effort to massage the runaway employment figures by putting people onto sickness benefits which of course led to its own problems in years to come. My father, then made redundant at 64, went for his usual check-up with his GP and he told him he'd been made redundant. To which the doctor replied "I'll sign you off sick, the money's better and you won't have to queue up to sign on every two weeks either". I still remember my father coming home and telling us that with quite a smile on his face!

Later of course we had 'New' Labour tackling the sickness benefits mess in a way that led to the disabled chaining themselves to railings. Was that before Blair got God? Can't remember but I remember the distress and upset it caused my late wife, who was indeed disabled - there were many sleepless nights for both of us as I tried to comfort her at her most distressed. I learned from experience to hate 'New' Labour even more than I hated the Tories.
    No, I think you mean when Tony realised he was God

Massaging the figures was just so blatant they only fooled their own people with it. But this does give me an idea...lets reclassify the diagnosed onto a new list of Virus Seekers

I'm a big fan of buzzwords too Terry. Knowing that we can move forward in these unprecedented times. But best of all I love making statements but with my voice rising at the end of the sentence, so it sounds like a question?

And what's with all this blank space on the right hand side folks, or is it my laptop playing up?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    And what's with all this blank space on the right hand side folks, or is it my laptop playing up?
    Alex is playing around with a sidebar showing the threads with latest posts. I can see it on mine using Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I'm a big fan of buzzwords too Terry. Knowing that we can move forward in these unprecedented times. But best of all I love making statements but with my voice rising at the end of the sentence, so it sounds like a question?
    Unprecedented reminds me of the use of 'since records began' some years

Will all that inflection you might start getting doors opened for you and caps doffed, m'lord

Page 10 of 717 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread Information