Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Long term health anxiety

Re: Long term health anxiety

Setting these fears aside for a moment, what's good in your lives?

For me, it's my little grandson (who is giving my son some shit just like he gave me ha) my sons, Netflix, and my car passing her MOT.

My guinea pig has managed to pass his bladder stone naturally (confirmed by scan) thus saving me a mega vet bill and days of post-surgery syringe feeding! He's got a chronic bladder issue anyway (interstitial cystitis,I kid you not!)

The daggers going into my upper back are not so sharp today.

My washing machine is still working (mustn't tempt fate!)

I have a roof over my head

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My guinea pig has managed to pass his bladder stone naturally (confirmed by scan) thus saving me a mega vet bill and days of post-surgery syringe feeding! He's got a chronic bladder issue anyway (interstitial cystitis,I kid you not!)

The daggers going into my upper back are not so sharp today.

My washing machine is still working (mustn't tempt fate!)

I have a roof over my head
    Good to hear Mr G Pig has passed that sucka!

My washing machine is plodding on but I fear he's on his last legs. Only had it 5 years. (they don't make em like they used to)

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Hello Ladies

Please may I join this thread? I can identify so much with you all. I'm 57, and have HA for a very long time now. This year has been very hard for us all, on top of everything else.

I take HRT, but despite that, I still circle round the same fears. At the moment, I'm scared that there is something wrong with my heart. I tihink I had an anxiety/panic attack last night, my heart felt really fluttery for hours, and I started shaking, it was as if I was about to get on a plane (I have an intense fear of flying). But I don't know where it came from. and then I start to worry it was not anxiety, but my heart doing something sinister. I have been given some sertraline by my GP, but I'm too scared to take it, as I have heard anedoctally that the anxiety gets worse before it gets better, and I'm worried it will tip me over the edge.

Wishing you all some inner peace

Inanna xx
    hello Inanna
    sorry to hear you are suffering so much.
    I am currently on Sertraline. I was prescribed it in Feb this year but did not start taking it until august. I have had some good days on it and I am now having CBT as well.

I have written about my experience with Sertraline under another thread ‘trying to manage without medication but is it time to give it a go?’

I did not start the Sertraline as I was so scared of the side effects. I eventually got so desperate that I decided to try it. I started on 25mg and I have worked my way up to 75mg slowly. I am still getting anxiety every day but it is more manageable. I think it helps me to work on my anxiety with the CBT. I will be going up to 100mg soon.

I started on 25mg as I was so worried about the side effects and I think the lower dose for a few weeks helped.

good luck with your journey - health anxiety is just awful x

Hi

norab, the good things in my life... I have a good job, a safe place to sleep at night and enough food. I also have two fabulous daughters, and a wonderful man (after an abusive marriage and some other bad choices). Long term health anxiety - Page 4

so, according to Maslow hierarchy of needs, I have all the basic ones, plus some of the emotional ones.

lady penelope

thanks for your reply, I’m going to read your thread , hopefully it will inspire me

Inanna xx

Hi

norab, the good things in my life... I have a good job, a safe place to sleep at night and enough food. I also have two fabulous daughters, and a wonderful man (after an abusive marriage and some other bad choices).
    I am so glad you found some happy after an abusive marriage. X

so, according to Maslow hierarchy of needs, I have all the basic ones, plus some of the emotional ones.
    Had to Google this, so thank you - I've learned something (which I love to do)

Going by your Maslow's hierarchy of needs I had the physiological needs from birth and safety and security up to the age of 16 which was when I left home and moved in with my boyfriend. Pretty much went tits up from there and stayed tits up for over 20 years. Love and belongingness came from my family but not friends as I was always the outsider. Self-esteem went out the window from age 5 (school) and as a result of being in a marriage which basically stripped me of my self-esteem which was already limited from my experiences at school. Self-actualisation only came to be when I was diagnosed autistic and finally understood myself. (46 years)

Today, aged 50 - I have everything except health, and even that isn't as bad as it could be, and I am working on that too.

I have a full pyramid! Isn't that wonderful?

I can't tell you how valuable this has been, so thank you. X

Hi nora

im glad you’ve found it useful and interesting. Feels nice to know that, as you have been so much help to me, your posts are always helpful, supportive and calming.

Ive found something on the calm app, that really helps me too. It’s classical piano , played by Ed Bogas. Very relaxiing, and reminds me of my dad, who played piano beautifully too. Brings back nice memories.

Inanna xx

Glad you have found some peace, Inanna....Always such a relief.

Enjoy the music and remember your dad with love xx

Ive found something on the calm app, that really helps me too. It’s classical piano , played by Ed Bogas. Very relaxiing, and reminds me of my dad, who played piano beautifully too. Brings back nice memories.

Inanna xx
    I love piano music, not the plinky-plonk type but the gentle stuff. Makes me cry. X (but in a good way)

Hi

I felt the need to post on this thread as I'm a long term sufferer of HA and I'm 47 and according to my GP going through the wonderful menopause! I am due to start CBT again next week and I'm at the point where I really want to put this HA to bed once and for all. I know it stems from a fear of death and if I could get my head around that I think the HA would ease but it's just so difficult. Would be good to keep this thread going so we can see if anything works for any of us. Other possibilities I'm looking into are Hypnotherapy and possible trialling HRT as I've heard anxiety is so much worse around menopause. Sara

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information