Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday plans

Re: Birthday plans

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes I know im not very happy about that I have been looking at retirement but it’s 68 for that and I worked out with rising wages I could knock a day off maybe when im a bit older and semi retire? But perhaps if I blog all my travels I could gather enough followers to reduce the work load even earlier? I am desperate to reduce my work load I work just over 20 hours over 4 days that’s not much to some people. But Labour did suggest a 4 day working week I support that. I once worked full time 35 hours and hated it I had more cash but was very miserable.
    Labour can promise us all a free unicorn for all the hope they have of winning an election until they ditch the Jezzas out of their leadership. Remember reducing everyone's hours means needing many more millions of citizens as the same hours still have to be worked. And today we are far more 24/7 than the seventies when this last happened.

I think you will be extremely lucky to retire early. I've never known anyone working full time thinking they have a shot at that without a lottery win or a huge salary.

Give it time at work because you are new. Perhaps they will be more comfortable with you the more they get to know you? But some places may have cliques too.

I've never heard of anyone planning their retirement in their early thirties. By the time you reach your sixties, retirement will probably be late eighties/early nineties (joking here). You need to start playing the lottery and then you can post on facebook about any winnings...at your peril

Well I reckon by the time Phil is 65 plus there will be NO retirement at all LOL

That might also solve the care home crisis. They will make employers put them in the workplace like the creche.

I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my part time male stripping job up into my 90s

I worry these travel bloggers taint a holiday for me as I have been reading blogs and some said one city the cobbles smelt of urine so I worry it’s tainted and when I go back I may worry about the smell?

My mum is always critical of Europe too so I often worry if I went a holiday she was on she might try and put me off and I may never go to Europe. I think stuff being tainted is the ocd as I also worry my front garden has been spoiled by the bin.

You are overthinking things again - you need to stop it to be honest and get some help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You are overthinking things again - you need to stop it to be honest and get some help.
    Yes I do over think. The help will be a while coming due to the NHS waiting list but if in 1 years time it’s helping then that will be good news.

I worry these travel bloggers taint a holiday for me as I have been reading blogs and some said one city the cobbles smelt of urine so I worry it’s tainted and when I go back I may worry about the smell?
    Then don't go or stop reading blogs

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Yes I do over think. The help will be a while coming due to the NHS waiting list but if in 1 years time it’s helping then that will be good news.
    My personal opinion is that in 1 years time you will still be here and posting about the same things

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Then don't go or stop reading blogs
    Yes it’s easy to say don’t go I have had a few people suggest that or don’t post. But is that the answer more avoidance and safety behaviours? I mean I would love to fly but it’s easier to avoid it. I know the right answer is to fly why because it’s socially acceptable really and quite common for anxiety to stop people. If I let anxiety rule I would sit and never progress in life. I realise that’s an opinion I have a friend who doesn't work and doesn’t travel or go anywhere be seems happy and that’s his choice. I went through months of worrying just to make one Facebook post so that’s why I know I need help. So yeah I still have problems but I’ve solved a lot too. I do feel I’ve been able to benefit from the forums for example I have been able to beat my dirty laundry ocd..I can credit a few people here for that one.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information