Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: >>> Hello I'm a hypochondriac with... Heart worries<<<

Re: >>> Hello I'm a hypochondriac with... Heart worries<<<

Go out and run - my therapist told me to run up and down the stairs when I thought I was having a heart attack to see that I would not.......................

Mind you the thudding heart and racing pulse were scary enough but at least I have survived to tell the tale...................... although on a bad day (like today) I am still waiting for the major MI - currently got back pain, bad indigestion and racing heart - oops here I go again.

HA stinks !!!

But keep fighting it and you will start to have more good days than bad I promise.

Macc Noodle

Quote Originally Posted by shsm View Post
    Thanks for your words of wisdom xtreamx. I will keep you guys updated with what the new cardiologist suggests. I do hope it is something like costochondritis and not heart related. Is it just me or do you feel like you're life is on hold when worried about your health? I can't look to the future. I have tried meds and cbt but neither worked...
    Your welcome shsm, And I answer yes it does feel like I put my life on hold. Find it hard to enjoy things a you seem to think it is the last time (if you know what I mean) SAD really as have a 11year old boy and a little girl who is nearly 3 I like everyone else should be enjoying life.

Yes keep us all upto date hope your cardiologist helps you put your anxiety to rest.

Hi guys, I haven't been on here in a while and I've been doing ok with my anxiety however it has started to get worse again. Abit of an update, I'm still experiencing my symptoms and have good and bad days.. I still struggle climbing stairs without chest pain and brethlessness. Furthermore my cardiologist is wanting to send me for a cardia MRI now to evaluate the space around my heart. He still reassures me that he thinks my heart is ok and can still get on with things but he would still like to evaluate this area. I have managed to get a date in August for the scan and am waiting. My mind keeps telling me that I have a serious problem and I then I begin catastrophising things ie I will lose my job, how will I manage to pay my mortgage, my wife will leave me etc etc.

I am very tired and fed up the only thing I am holding onto is that I've had alot of different tests previously and they have been normal so far...

Hey guys, I've had my cardiac MRI which took around one hour. It was not a pleasant experience as I felt the feeling of being in a small tube somewhat clostrophobic. Anyway once the test was complete the radiographer let me go on my way. I have been told the results will be with my cardiologist within 7-10 days and my next appointment with my cardiologist is on 5/9/12. I am dreading the appointment as I fear the worst. I fear the results will be bad. I am so low at the moment and fear of dying. Sorry for the rant guys just feel like I have no one else to talk to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information