Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Very worried about esophageal cancer

Re: Very worried about esophageal cancer

So what's happening? How long has hypo been suffering?

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to join this discussion. The last 10 days or so I’ve had symptoms that are making me worry about esophageal cancer. I’ve had severe bloating, heartburn/chest pain, hiccups and the sensation of a lump in my throat/sore throat. I’m actually away on holiday and it’s ruined it because I just can’t switch off from the fear it’s serious.
    I’ve read through a lot of this thread but I’m really concerned. The chest pain wakes me up each morning even though I’m taking nexium.
    I have a dr appointment scheduled for Monday; I guess I’m just looking for some comfort/reassurance :(

Quote Originally Posted by markymark455 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to join this discussion. The last 10 days or so I’ve had symptoms that are making me worry about esophageal cancer. I’ve had severe bloating, heartburn/chest pain, hiccups and the sensation of a lump in my throat/sore throat. I’m actually away on holiday and it’s ruined it because I just can’t switch off from the fear it’s serious.
    I’ve read through a lot of this thread but I’m really concerned. The chest pain wakes me up each morning even though I’m taking nexium.
    I have a dr appointment scheduled for Monday; I guess I’m just looking for some comfort/reassurance :(
    I would copy and paste this and start your own thread to be honest Mark.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hypo has been suffering for at least 7 years from hypochondria—that I know of.

What happened to HYPO??? Is he still ok? Where'd he go?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue23Blent View Post
    What happened to HYPO??? Is he still ok? Where'd he go?!!!
    Well when most users are proven to be fine, they disappear. Much as Hypo has and has done before. He'll resurface with a new fear soon.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    Well when most users are proven to be fine, they disappear. Much as Hypo has and has done before. He'll resurface with a new fear soon.
    I can't wait!

Unfortunately I have progressed significantly... The pain in my back is unbearable and food is getting stuck really bad now. The food still lingers in my esophagus for hours and when I burp it’s oure food no acid... What really scares me is how many cases I’ve read of other 29 year olds getting EC... I’m so scared guys :(.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

I’ve also been way more tired than usual which know is a sign of advanced cancer...

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Really just wanted to update everyone it isn’t looking good for me.. Iys got to where liquid just sits there in my chest because of the obstruction I guess. I’m aching so bad between my shoulders it’s like a deep ache in my bones...
    Last edited by Hypo27; 10-11-18 at 15:44.

Hi Hypo,

So, apart from the symptoms, how are the medical assessements going ? Looking back you last posted that you saw your doctor in August. Anything further since then ?

I was looking back, when we get to next January, it will be three years since your 'oesophagus cancer' started.

Just wondering also about your 'carcinoid tumour' and how that is now? (your other current thread)
    Last edited by Carys; 10-11-18 at 17:07.

I happen to know someone that passed away due to esophageal cancer in October. He was 50. Very heavy, also abyeavy drinker and smoker most of his life. Here's the thing, hypo... You've been worried about this for 3 years. This guy was dead, even with treatment, in about 18 months. Doctor's aren't going to dismiss you if they think something this serious is going on. You're not a doctor. Your symptoms are anxiety driven. They have come and gone over the past 3 years, sprinkled in with other health fears. Please get some help for mental health. Youre ruining your life and it's not fair to you or your family not to treat your anxiety.

Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread Information