Thread: I am so upset!!!

I am so upset!!!

Hello Everyone

I am just so upset, my dog had to go to the vets this morning as she had something swollen on the back of her leg.

The vet said that she has arthritis (it doesn't suprise me as she is 10 years old), but she might have cancer, and suggest that she should have an operation to remove it. , rather than doing a byopsey first, as the swelling didn't take long to develope and thinks it might be an aggressive form of cancer.

I think this has knocked me for 6, it doesn't help that my partners dad gets home from his holiday next weekend and he is going to be devistated because his cat is dead and we have to tell him.

The good news is that I won my appeal(regarding Incapacity Benefit), why is it something good happens and then you get knocked back down.

Sorry, I spent most of the day under the duvet , as I was so upset, silly I know can't really help it.

shygirlajb

Re: I am so upset!!!

It is not silly atall! Our canines are very important to us.

This week our family dog was diagnosed with cancer, she had a growth under her tongue which they cut out and sent away for analysis so I know how you are feeling :( Hers was found to be the aggressive kind, the vet has just said to wait and see whether it grows back, or if she shows any other signs of it spreading, such as a poor appetite - as she is a very aggressive Bull Terrier and he doesn't feel she is suitable for radiotherapy or chemo. She has to be anaethitised now in the vet's waiting room, by us - before the vet will go near her.

Keep your chin up - it might not be cancerous, lots of lumps and bumps turn out just to be cysts or abcesses. She has had many before on her ears and legs, and they have all been nothing.

When is your doggy going to have their op?

Take care

XXXXX

Hi shy

I have had a similar experience 6 months ago. I went to the vets with our family dog and he was given 2 months to live even though a biopsy had come back negative. He still has the lumps and has never been as active. Sadly my experience with vets is not good, they seem to be very good at charging for tests but unable to make a experienced diagnosis. We decided that if our dog had cancer that we would let him go naturally with the help of pain relief if seemed necessary. £600 later he is still going strong. Wait for confirmation first. Are you seeing the vet who is listed as fully qualified because ours use a lot of trainees.

Hope everything goes well.

Mee

Hi
    I'm so sorry to hear your dog is unwell. It may well turn out to be just the arthritis. Please take your dog for a second opinion with another vet if you're at all unsure. As you'll gather from my username i am a great dog lover and i know just how precious they are and the worry and pain it causes when they're not well.
    I hope everything turns out to be okay.
    Donna

hi,

i know how you feel, i lost my beautiful dog about 6 months ago to an agressive cancer, my vet just treated her for arthritus, and didnt even check for cancer till it was too late, so maybe if your dog does have it you might catch it in time....

pls keep us posted, ill cross my fingers it will all be ok for you and your dog.

Our dog was diagnosed with cancer when he was only about 4 years old but because it was caught early, he made a full recovery and is now nearly 14 years old! Another sinister lump appeared not long ago but he's doing absolutely fine! I feel sure yours will be too!

Hi Everyone

Many thanks to those that have replied to my post, I am sorry for not giving you an update sooner, thought I had done(I am really forgetfull).

Kizzy is absolutely fine, it was just a fatty lump that she had taken out, have to go to the vets on Monday to take the bandage off(hopefully that will be the last time).

Yes it has been very expensive, yes the price of the operation was £250, but they didn't include the extra visits to change the dressing, the injection to make her sleepy whilst they changed the dressing etc etc. I think the bill is upto around £400 mark. I know you do anything to make sure that your pets are ok, but I think they should vets should give you a proper price all in, so you know where you stand.

Sorry for ranting on like that, you know what vets can be like, I just don't like the feeling of been conned, if you see what I mean.

Sorry for the lateness of the update.

SHYGIRLAJB

Oh thats very sad to hear about the cat and your dog, my dog died of cancer he didn't live long after we got told he had it but his wasn't anything that could be removed so hopefully your dog will be ok.

Im so sorry

Thread Information