Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Quote Originally Posted by itoldyouiwasill View Post
    Hey, can I have my thread back please!!

Regards

pan
    wow you guys are everywhere!

Just giving this a little bump to help out any newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by worriedsick2009 View Post
    wow you guys are everywhere!

...as are you worriedsick!

regards pan

I wish I had found this thread before - it is like reading my life story! I have had 3 MRIs - nothing found but I can't get rid of the fear of MS etc. Just as one symptom disappears, another appears. I don't seem to be able to stop myself from googling even though I know what the end result of googling will be - more fear and more symptoms - it is like an addiction!

I also think that people like us are so highly tuned into their bodies that they make something of nothing. For example, at the moment, I have just discovered that I have a small patch - say about 10p size - on my left shoulder/upper back which is not as sensitive (not numb) as the same place on the other side - it is really freaking me out, I keep obsessing about it and testing it and of course google drew me straight to all the MS sites. The thing is, it has probably always been like that and I am just being hypervigilant and it is probably just one of those asymetrical things about me. If I ask my husband if it would bother him, he looks at me as if I am mad - he just dismisses it straight off as just one of those things. I so wish I could be like that but I am stuck in this vortex now. Even when the drs tell you nothing is wrong, you want to believe them but you don't and you start looking for other symptoms or evidence that they've got it wrong. I HATE this health anxiety but your thread is spot on and it's reassuring to know that there are others out there like me! My problem is breaking the cycle now..it has been so many years. Also not helped by people saying that if you think about something enough it becomes self-fulfilling..!!!

Does anyone get muscle jerks lke when your falling asleep but in the day? im getting lots in my legs at the moment well especially today and panicking i also get a popping feeling under my skin. I just googled an really scared now :( they happen randomly and tend to be in my calfs and side of my legs never when standing. My eye is twitching too :( x

Tash, I really think your symptoms are anxiety. I have muscle or nerve blipping under the skin and lots of us do. Eye twitching too.

Oh my God, this post was absolutely brilliant, and utterly reassuring. It's so amazing how so many of us have gone through the same symptoms.

When I first got my symptoms, it was after a major operation - during which time I was in pain, and still worrying about my job. My job was a HUGE burden on me for around a year. I was working so many late hours. I also had some personal problems, and have never been the most confident problem.

I see now how all these issues have manifested themselves into what I am experiencing now.

I have taken a blood test and will await the results, in order to see if everything is ok. If everything is ok, I am going to start seeing a therapist again for my personal problems, try to go swimming, yoga and maybe even some massages.

Oh. And a DESPERATELY needed holiday

I have just read this thread and have felt such a surge of relief! I cannot put into words how helpful this has been. Thank you so much for sharing.

I'm glad I found this thread.

I worry I have MS. I have suffered from health anxiety for about 4 years now since I was pregnant with my son.

Just over 2 years ago I woke up in the night with a dead arm and the numbness spread to my face. This happened three times and the doctor said it was just where I had been pinching a nerve.
    At the same time my eye sight went funny (double vision) for 2 weeks. I saw the doctor and optician. The optician said my eyesight was fine but I had a lazy eye which had come out because I was ill. I still don't know whether to believe him or not to be honest.
    Around this time I was suffering from depression and basically hated life! I don't know if this was anything to do with it or not?

Anyway my eye sight cleared up and I was fine again.
    But then about a year ago I started getting burning, cool sensations in my head and in my hands.
    I went to the doctor and told him about my worries of MS but he said it was just overactive nerves. He gave me some pills but I didn't take them as the symptoms went away by themselves.

Since thursday I have had a tingling in my finger and thumb and a bit in my feet too. I am convinced it is something to do with MS and I have been googling it which of course has made me feel worse!

All my symptoms point to MS even though the doctor has just said its anxiety and in his words 'It's very unlikely to be something serious'

Also when I'm anxious I get an odd heavy type feeling in the right side of my face and sometimes a small patch of numbness on my back.

I hate going to the doctors as it makes me feel even more panicky but I think I might go again this week.

Anyway if any of you guys can give me any more advice then please do because right now I am constantly on edge :(

I'm suffering this fear. My right leg feels weak and strange when i walk, along with my right hand feeling clamped and strange.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information